Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i am getting my first air gun, for pest control hehe, and i was wondering if i should get a multi-stroke pneumatic or a break-barrel rifle. i have shot a break barrel before (don't know the caliber/FPS because it was at some resort thing in Mexico), but have never shot any other kind of air gun. please tell me which would be better.

P.S. i do not want to buy a PCP gun because i am only starting out and do not want to spends loads of money on it

P.P.S. what does P.S. stand for

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
I am a real fan of multi-stroke pneumatics especially Sheridan's. For a first time gun a Gamo break barrel will not break you. If you are going to scope a break barrel be sure you get an air rifle scope. They are made to take the double recoil of spring powered rifles. A pumper like the Sheridan or a Benjamin a scope makes pumping harder so I use a Williams peep sight.

·
"500+fps Speed demon"
668 Posts
A second hand theoben eliminator (or crow magnum as previously named) is a crackin break barrel, with 38-40ft/lbs on tap, this gun punches hard with reduced recoil due to being gas ram and not spring piston!! Look it up, its a winner!!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
PS stands for Post Script

I have a old Sheridan Blue Streak multi pump, works great after more than 30yrs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote name='harpersgrace' timestamp='1295138499' post='49676']
PS stands for Post Script

hahaha did not expect anybody to pay attention to that part XD.

·
Resigned
2,845 Posts
hmm, good quality pump up will be much easier to shoot accurately due to lack of recoil but all that pumping can make em less fun when practice shooting, also the shot consistency of cheaper pump ups can be a little iffy. a spring break barrel is harder to shoot due to mad ass recoil, 12flb guns can snap scope crosshairs and if left cocked for a long time the shot may lose power causing you zero to drop. they are very quick to cock, load and fire though, making them great for plinking, they give max power on every shot to. If you learn to shoot a spring gun well, you will shoot every other gun you own better, they demand a consistent hold, trigger technique and follow through. get ya self a proper gun mate. your allowed em in the USA. you'd have the best of both worlds then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey i am getting my first air gun, for pest control hehe, and i was wondering if i should get a multi-stroke pneumatic or a break-barrel rifle. i have shot a break barrel before (don't know the caliber/FPS because it was at some resort thing in Mexico), but have never shot any other kind of air gun. please tell me which would be better.

P.S. i do not want to buy a PCP gun because i am only starting out and do not want to spends loads of money on it

P.P.S. what does P.S. stand for
Check out www.verminhunter.com Cracking forum for air gunners (I'm a member). The guys on there will be more than happy to help you out, and they know their stuff....................

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys!!!! really helpful and i have decided, but first i am not of "Legal" age to own a real gun and i figure that if the police ever come to my house i would rather them see an air gun and not a real gun hahaha.
so after much hype and anticipation
i have chosen
*drum roll please*
A BREAK BARREL!!!!! yeah, i figured that if me and my friends ever wanted to go out and shoot for a little, a break barrel would be more fun because its quicker to load

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.