Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
I thought I'd show you all slingshots I've made so far and tell a little story of how they came to be.

The metal one is my first slingshot and has served me for around a week. Thinking about it now gives me the shivers, but it got me going.
While shooting with that one I found this forum and made a natural, which doesn't look so well and was a bit on the thin side. But compared to the metal one it was a huge improvement both in comfort and consistency. I've shot with it for around 2 weeks.

Then I've ordered some theraband and decided that decent elastics deserved a decent boardcut. So I took my natural and started to make some measurements and with the help of Solidworks (and some ideas I got from looking at other peoples slingshots) I made my first boardcut, which is the one without bands. The main improvements over the natural (besides the looks) were the increased comfort and the way bands are attached (OTT). It has served me well for around 3 weeks.

Because the part of the slingshot where the pink and ring-finger hold it was too thick and because the tips didn't have a groove for wrapping I decided tho make a new one with a few improvements. This one - the middle boardcut - I've been shooting with for around 2 months and I really like it. It fits my hand almost perfectly.

But after a month and a half I wanted a slingshot were I could change the bands faster and where the position of the band-attachment was closer to the tips of the fork. This to get rid of the handslap that I got once every hundred shots or so.
So I made the slingshot which currently use. It might not look as good because I removed a bit too much wood at the bottom. I also glued a piece of wood on which wasn't as comfortable as I thought it would be, so it had to be removed. But It's incredibly comfortable, handslaps are as good as gone - even with way too strong bands - and its consistency is very high because of how the bands are attached and the way the tips are rounded.

By the way, the boardcuts are designed to put the strain on the hand instead of on the index finger.

I hope you like them, I do.

Oh, almost forgot, here are the pictures:

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone.
I doubt my collection will grow anytime soon because I've removed all the flaws from the previous ones in the last one (with the quick band-change system) I made. It took me over a week to get the shape just right... The only reason I can think of to make another one is to make it look better, and to be honest, I don't care that much about looks. Tho I might make something for the september Pocketpredator competition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.