Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
See The Target
22,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago " Quercusuber " held a giveaway contest and I was the lucky winner . Q is a long time member and master wood carver who always seems to work magic on a natural fork . I hope one day to develop a fraction of his skill in carving forks . The pictures don't capture the natural beauty and feel of this gem . Thank You Q !

post-3889-0-84845000-1560374474_thumb.jp
post-3889-0-23282200-1560374536_thumb.jp
post-3889-0-10713500-1560374490_thumb.jp

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Greetings Treefork!!!! :wave:

I'm so GLAD that you've liked that little prize!!

And THANK YOU so much for making this a topic on the forum. You're very kind!!

And yes, like Port boy has said, you should give us the pleasure of taking some photos in your hand, for size comparison. And, who knows, hitting a coin or two with it :) :naughty:

By the way, MakoPat, some members of the slingshot brotherhood have visited my country. I've spent a lovely time here with Ifab 25 ( https://slingshotforum.com/topic/113654-a-friends-meeting-gift/ ) and the member and moderator mattwalt has lived here (actually very near my area) and we met also some months ago.

Best regards, Treefork!!!!

Cheers ...Q

·
See The Target
22,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
That is an incredible fork to own.

Q makes some sweet forks (I cannot even mention the hours I've spent drooling over pictures of his work - since before joining the Forum). Having talked to him his approach is entirely by hand - knife, files and 'special Portuguese' sandpaper (I always assumed he used power tools - and was quite surprised to discover thats not the case) - this knowledge really elevates the perceived craftsmanship.

Great giveaway Q - you are a true gentleman! BTW - I may briefly be in Mem Martins in the next month or two - I'll shout if and when that happens.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts