Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a catch box that was durable, easy to make, and weatherproof. Here is what i came up with. I managed to get two out of one 55 gallon poly barrel. The back stop material is the same stuff whitewater rafts are made from with a t shirt in front. It stops 1/2" steel and lead out of my heaviest bands instantly. It works great and will most likely last for quite some time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of some thing like that but with a 5 gallon bucket
I had tried the 5 gallon bucket, but it was too small for shooting over 40 yards and it had to be shot straight on, no angled shots. I may have used an older bucket, but any time the shot was off center and connected with the bucket itself, the ammo busted holes in it. I think a 5 gallon bucket would be perfect for indoor shooting. It was much more portable than this one for certain.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
seeing the multi strips instead of one sheet made me think that could solve the bounce back, rebound, what ever you want to call the effect, that causes the shot to get tossed out of a catch box that isn't that deep.

of course depending on the material, that would affect the quantity of rows

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
seeing the multi strips instead of one sheet made me think that could solve the bounce back, rebound, what ever you want to call the effect, that causes the shot to get tossed out of a catch box that isn't that deep.

of course depending on the material, that would affect the quantity of rows
To cut down on shot bouncing out I a peace of scrap steal rod tied to the bottom of the drop cloth but you could use wood or any thing that has a little weight.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
I just might have to make me one of those things. Weatherproof !

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was wondering if a mesh metal curtain would be good for capturing shots inside a box. I'm thinking of the one we have on the opening of our fireplace that is designed to keep sparks in. It would have to be light so it flexes to absorb the shot rather than stiff which might cause a rebound. I'll have to see if the wife will let me shoot a few test rounds at the fireplace (doubtful she'll approve!)

Something like this:

http://www.steellong...tains-383-1.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.