Slingshots Forum banner
321 - 326 of 326 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,318 Posts
I’ll pump a little adrenaline into this thread for those folks wondering about the wonders of Office Bands. I just took delivery of 250 Alliance Sterling Office Bands in the #117B. These are 7”x 1/8”. Of course I over read this MegaThread and should have ordered the #117 which are 7” x 5/8”. Based on the pre-stretch these may force me into shooting BB’s for awhile, maybe triple them up and see what 1/4” steel feels like? Not a total loss. Alliance is a Women Owned company which means my money went to keeping my wife off my azz.😳🙉🙊🙈⛑

·
Ray Rowden
2,990 Posts
I’ll pump a little adrenaline into this thread for those folks wondering about the wonders of Office Bands. I just took delivery of 250 Alliance Sterling Office Bands in the #117B. These are 7”x 1/8”. Of course I over read this MegaThread and should have ordered the #117 which are 7” x 5/8”. Based on the pre-stretch these may force me into shooting BB’s for awhile, maybe triple them up and see what 1/4” steel feels like? Not a total loss. Alliance is a Women Owned company which means my money went to keeping my wife off my azz.😳🙉🙊🙈⛑
You got good stuff, Mo, and you can still order the wider ones!
@Grandpa Grumpy is the Grand PooBah of the 117b fan club, but I'm a charter member. Here are some recommendations.
One band per side is great for slinging clay ammo - even on a Torque - or steel ammo up to 3/8. Cut the stock bands off any big box store wire frame, wrap and tuck the 117bs on and you have a great rig to start a new shooter with.
When you are ready to shoot frameless, cut one band and attach the new ends to a pouch. Shoot more of the clay ammo or steel up to 5/16!
When you want to shoot butterfly, cut two bands and attach them to a pouch. If your butterfly draw is 60 inches, you'll want to cut a couple inches off before lacing it onto your slingshot. Good for clays or 5/16, okay for 3/8.
Enjoy!

·
Mojave Mo
5,318 Posts
You got good stuff, Mo, and you can still order the wider ones!
@Grandpa Grumpy is the Grand PooBah of the 117b fan club, but I'm a charter member. Here are some recommendations.
One band per side is great for slinging clay ammo - even on a Torque - or steel ammo up to 3/8. Cut the stock bands off any big box store wire frame, wrap and tuck the 117bs on and you have a great rig to start a new shooter with.
When you are ready to shoot frameless, cut one band and attach the new ends to a pouch. Shoot more of the clay ammo or steel up to 5/16!
When you want to shoot butterfly, cut two bands and attach them to a pouch. If your butterfly draw is 60 inches, you'll want to cut a couple inches off before lacing it onto your slingshot. Good for clays or 5/16, okay for 3/8.
Enjoy!
Thanks Ray! One of the intriguing things about Office Bands is that they are ‘ready to shoot’ right out of the box. I whipped up a quick looped set with a cinch knot to the pouch and used the Torque to launch a few clay rounds out the back door. They flew nice and straight—-looks like a good starting point!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hey Mo, Alliance 117b bands are the ones you want. 117 bands are thinner yet. I shoot up to 3/8" steel with 117b bands at about 190 fps. Not super fast and you have max them out but they will penetrate one side of a bean can.
I think 5/16" steel is ideal ammo for 117bs at about 240 - 250 fps. I have shot 1/4" but I had to aim way under the target because I couldn't get my anchor high enough.

I have used #84, #105 and #107 bands but they are a hard draw and slower retracting - good only for heavy ammo like lead and stones

·
Mojave Mo
5,318 Posts
Hey Mo, Alliance 117b bands are the ones you want. 117 bands are thinner yet. I shoot up to 3/8" steel with 117b bands at about 190 fps. Not super fast and you have max them out but they will penetrate one side of a bean can.
I think 5/16" steel is ideal ammo for 117bs at about 240 - 250 fps. I have shot 1/4" but I had to aim way under the target because I couldn't get my anchor high enough.

I have used #84, #105 and #107 bands but they are a hard draw and slower retracting - good only for heavy ammo like lead and stones
Yea these things are almost comical in how well they work! I just set up some singles at 6” active to try a few shots with clay. On top of that it took no time at all to prepare a bandset. Thanks again for leading the way!
Green Blue Line Sports gear Sportswear

321 - 326 of 326 Posts