Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just happened across Alliance Rubber Company's website (link) and they have many interesting products:

• High latex bands with 775% elongation (link)
  • They come in reasonable sizes. #107 is 7" (doubled remember) by 5/8" (link)
  • They also have Palette bands in 3/4" widths and very long lengths (link) and camoflaged synthetic bands
I have no connection with the company and haven't used their products. Have you? Is there a better source?

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I started out useing them in 1999 and they are not near as good pure latex or Theraband. -- Tex

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I see. Thanks, Tex. There's the benefit of experience.

I've seen Hygenic's Natural Rubber Latex Sheeting .003" (780% elongation). It looks like the dog's danglies*. .... but the look of the big 42" bulk rolls is off-putting.

*Brit term meaning "Siiiiiiick Bra" in American.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I wanted the best and that is why I got into selling bands, I just could not use a whole roll myself. Now I am starting to have trouble keeping up, but it has taken a few years. -- Tex

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Ah, I see. Thanks, Tex. There's the benefit of experience.

I've seen Hygenic's Natural Rubber Latex Sheeting .003" (780% elongation). It looks like the dog's danglies*. .... but the look of the big 42" bulk rolls is off-putting.

*Brit term meaning "Siiiiiiick Bra" in American.
Ha! dogs danglies; it makes me 'chuffed' to hear some of the more enjoyable parts of the English language making it across the sea. I wish I knew more Cantonese or Mandarin.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha! dogs danglies; it makes me 'chuffed' to hear some of the more enjoyable parts of the English language making it across the sea. I wish I knew more Cantonese or Mandarin.
So do I. I'm from London, me Mum's from W. Yorks and I was educated in the UK. I came here not speaking anything but English and thinking that rice was an alternative to naan bread. I have a Chinese surname which was useful when I got here in picking up N. Asian lasses, but the Cantonese and especially Mandarin was a tough task to get to grips with. The Cantonese for dog's danglies is literally "gau go yuen", but figuratively "ho jeng", depending on whether you are ordering or have finished eating.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
So do I. I'm from London, me Mum's from W. Yorks and I was educated in the UK. I came here not speaking anything but English and thinking that rice was an alternative to naan bread. I have a Chinese surname which was useful when I got here in picking up N. Asian lasses, but the Cantonese and especially Mandarin was a tough task to get to grips with. The Cantonese for dog's danglies is literally "gau go yuen", but figuratively "ho jeng", depending on whether you are ordering or have finished eating.
[/quote]

Wow, I had no idea, I'm interested in your up-bringing if you wanted to have a private chat, I have loved the Chinese culture since my interest in the martial arts was spawned long ago; that's really nice to know.
Long live Lee Jun Fan!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts