Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I approach a full year of slingshots, I felt a need to update my status.

I started off with BANG. Found something I enjoy and was Fairley decent at! Then boxes of goodies arrived. At no cost to me. Was I hooked, yes?

Remember the post at the river landing, I was so proud just to hit it. Yesterday I nailed a bottle stuck between the post and the dock. Fist shot below, second above, then nailed it.

Did I buy to many slingshots, yes! I am thinning the herd now.
I had a dream of cycling through them and shooting them all. Bands do not last that long!

Then God pulled the plug on my health. I am still having some bloating, but nothing I can not handle. Some constant back pain, but I work through that.

Will I still shoot when I can yes, but it’s a low priority, a walk with my wife is more important. If I am feeling great, the dishes can wait.

The best news is I have my wife back! And we BOTH benefit from the walk.

Painting the steel shot, NA, hobby tumbler and Rice work wonders.

And I am plaining a new build.
It’s a small Sothern Live oak, I a city park, wooded heavy, and can never grow full size. Perfect fork. Summerville Parks has called and OK me taking it.

Thanks to ALL who have responded to my questions, and helped so many times!

And YES, your still stuck with this cranky old goat.

And lastly,

I am taking a few weeks off shooting.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,045 Posts
Great update Sammy and I would not call us stuck with an old goat, more like an old friend
So glad you’re doing better and embracing the small things and living your life.

Darrell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Glad you are still with us👍 I understand this is a slingshot Forum, but I also believe it’s a friendship community. I love to shoot my slingshots, but I also enjoy the interaction with fellow Forum members. That’s why I posted it’s time for a little humor, so it would give everyone a chance to share their thoughts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Sammy , I remember when I first started seeing your post on USA , I think it was the rabbit target. Thought you was a nice fellow then and still do :) seeing your familiar face over here gave me the impetus to come on over., enjoy your time off.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
In the short time I’ve been here you’ve been unbelievably generous to myself and others. You’ve been a positive influence to the forum, and an honest, down to earth individual. I couldn’t think of a person or people I’d rather spend time with. It’s been a pleasure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts