Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago a Bradford Pear tree fell over near my home. It looked like it was getting prepped for removal so I jumped in there and got a few forks. I learned from Treeman that the wood grain is a yellow/orange with a mild grain. I was going to rip into it and find a little frame inside but I got stopped by the distraction of all the cool bark textures. I don’t think I’ve ever done a full bark-on Natty so I just thought I’d
Plant Round-nose pliers Twig Jewellery Needle-nose pliers

played it by ear and took away as little as possible. I took it out yesterday with some 1/2” straight cut TG and some clay and actually made it hit things!
Brown Wood Plant Trunk Twig
Glove Textile Safety glove Sleeve Gesture
Textile Sleeve Wood Gesture Pattern
Wood Human leg Pattern Flooring Foot
Scaled reptile Fashion accessory Carmine Pattern Metal
Wood Creative arts Art Artifact Fashion accessory

·
Mojave Mo
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know about any bradford pear, but I sure would like to shoot that micarta fork for a week or two.
That Chalice just went through its 3rd facelift. I cannot believe how fine that frame shoots. It doesn't matter what I strap onto it, I'm getting hits on the 1st and 2nd cold shot every time. I am wondering a little if that has anything to do with 'the mistake' of making it 90mm wide. The template is at 95mm but got into it a little it seems. Anyway--I'm going to try and make a few of them in the coming weeks.

·
Mojave Mo
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love the rig Mo. Raw. As God intended.
I must say the mood is broken by the paracord however. Perhaps some thin hemp, jute twine, woven fronds, or seaweed textile would be more in keeping... Nice band grooves.
Okay deal. I'll go on a jute hunt and see what I can find!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
That Chalice just went through its 3rd facelift. I cannot believe how fine that frame shoots. It doesn't matter what I strap onto it, I'm getting hits on the 1st and 2nd cold shot every time. I am wondering a little if that has anything to do with 'the mistake' of making it 90mm wide. The template is at 95mm but got into it a little it seems. Anyway--I'm going to try and make a few of them in the coming weeks.
Here is a winning design that I think you would enjoy with canted fork tips. I have found 80mm wide to be a sweet spot for me.
Wood Gesture Terrestrial plant Symbol Nail
Hand Tableware Kitchen utensil Dress Plant

·
Mojave Mo
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a winning design that I think you would enjoy with canted fork tips. I have found 80mm wide to be a sweet spot for me. View attachment 380005 View attachment 380007
I’ve been eyeballing that frame. Makopat did a fine run of those back in the day. I just got a frame from Hoggy at the SRSS called the Icarus from Robert Pursley. It is like a chopped down Chalice and also shoots really well.
Bicycle part Finger Automotive tire Wrist Electrical wiring

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I’ve been eyeballing that frame. Makopat did a fine run of those back in the day. I just got a frame from Hoggy at the SRSS called the Icarus from Robert Pursley. It is like a chopped down Chalice and also shoots really well. View attachment 380008
I like it. That Dragon Master Pocket Shooter has intrigued me since Jake sent it to me. I look forward to shooting it. I would love to have one made in g10 or micarta. I also tried to get it on Shanes mind...enough so that he broke his out, banded it up and agreed. It is a winner. I would love to see his interpretation and beg it off him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts