Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the most popular band here is the theraband. I may be completely off on that from my limited newbie prospective.

I have seen some threads reviewing the different strengths of different bands. I think that is great and really aids a shooter in deciding what is best for them. I am curious if anyone has done any work on the less popular types of bands. Things such as standard rubber bands, intertubes etc. My question is a bit loaded I am highly interested in infor on latex tubing. My main slingshot right now uses tubing purchased at lowes it works well for me for what I need and it was acessable to me. But I am curious about how much power I am generating and such.

If no one has done any testing on these materials what are some low tech tests I can do. I have done range and with pea gravel I can shot quite a ways.

Thanks

Bobby

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
For tubes, I like Trumarks' RR-Ts, If you stretch them enough, they make great shooters. Aarons' cardboard test is great for penetration factoids. I like the small diameter Chinese style tubes too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts