Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 373 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tag and I have decided, since it has been a while since we've had an Altoids contest, that the time has come once again.

Contest Rules:

1. Your slingshot must fit inside of an Altoids tin. Well, I guess that's about the only real rule. Take a picture of it in the tin and one out of the tin.

If you live somewhere that does not have Altoids tins available then draw a 9cm x 5.5cm outline on paper and take a picture of your slingshot within the drawing. The tin is 2cm deep.

The contest begins today and will run a full three weeks in order to give everyone time to find a tin, design it and build it. So, Tuesday September 25th, at 12:00 noon Pacific

Coast time (USA) the contest will end and the winner will be announced.

The real prize will be the Altoids slingshot you make but I'll throw a little something else in there too just to make it interesting. I just haven't decided yet what it will be but it won't be any big deal. The real pleasure is in the making.

Good Luck and happy building.

winnie

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
I really am going to do my best to finish this one. Sounds fun!

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you start digging around there are a number on the forum from years back. It really is facinating what builders come up with and if you're lucky you might end up with one that you really enjoy shooting.

winnie
That is some challenge right there what ever is put together has to fit in the can with the lid closed???

·
Registered
591 Posts
Well, I've learnt something already. I hadn't heard of Altoids but I see that they are available here in UK and the tins look fun, with some vintage character.

There's a mini-fork just drying from a foray on Sunday . . . . . .

I'll read the runes to see whether there is a completion date.

Mike

·
Premium Member
11,494 Posts
Welcome Mike, you can also draw the size of an altoid can if Altoids are not available.

1 - 20 of 373 Posts