Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hello guys! Happy new year!

Last year I had idea to pour CA glue in spay bottle to cover own creation with it. But honestly it was very bad idea :D. Atleast how I did. Everybody knows how badly CA stinks and burns eyes. Spraing it in room was more than worse. Dont try it at home :D. Also after usage, that spray bottle is useless. Glue seals all bottle canals.

But, I found this stuff: https://www.alumilite.com/store/p/1027-Alumi-UV.aspxThose nail curing lamps cost few dollars to buy from china. Only that epoxy itself is pretty pricey. Anyways I want test this stuff too :). I like oiled wood more, but some woods dont like oil (cocobolo and macassar eben). And superglossy surface is beautiful too.

What you think, its worth to try it?

Cheers Sharker

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
That stuff produces beautiful materials but I suspect I may have trouble using it without a pressure pot/chamber. Apparently the pressuring is required to push out bubbles and voids. Using it would however create unique blanks for working. Not sure how it would turn out with just pouring but a pour and mould variation should work like crafting epoxy?

Have you considered the more generic crafting epoxy? The epoxy can be coloured with beautiful swirl patterns. If you haven't already come across this, search in Youtube for "Epoxy River", there'll be loads of links. I have also seen a sassy couple creating epoxy geodes that were really cool.

"Slingshot Germany" makes a really cool epoxy river slingshot. You can check it out here:
and on their Instagram feed.

I look forward to seeing your builds. They are all drool worthy!

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Hello guys! Happy new year!

Last year I had idea to pour CA glue in spay bottle to cover own creation with it. But honestly it was very bad idea :D. Atleast how I did. Everybody knows how badly CA stinks and burns eyes. Spraing it in room was more than worse. Dont try it at home :D. Also after usage, that spray bottle is useless. Glue seals all bottle canals.

But, I found this stuff: https://www.alumilite.com/store/p/1027-Alumi-UV.aspxThose nail curing lamps cost few dollars to buy from china. Only that epoxy itself is pretty pricey. Anyways I want test this stuff too :). I like oiled wood more, but some woods dont like oil (cocobolo and macassar eben). And superglossy surface is beautiful too.

What you think, its worth to try it?
Cheers Sharker
What a challenge. Your slings look so rich. For myself I want to connect with the soul of my sling. A coating of anything un-natural does mean that my nuerons may not connect with my sling. I also want to shoot what I own, so it may get dropped or dinged in the bag. At that point I can call it a lovemark or touch it with a little nail file. Superglue is just marginally super for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts