Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Rule #14
1,519 Posts
Well ... Christmas is right around the corner, and i thought i might as well make a Christmas color theme slingshot?
I know, i know .. i'm missing white, but grey is close enough!

and yes .. i used wood

Main frame: 6061 T6 (tempered) 9mm
Scales/Palmswells/Handles: African Hardwood, Padauk w/green G10 spacers.
Pins: 6mm aluminium rod
Shooting gap: 35mm
Width: 85mm
Total length: 150mm
Finish: 600grit w/ 320grit abrasive blast.

On a side note .. Padauk is amazing stuff to work with! it machines, sands and smells awesome

Now i've got to put up the Christmas Tree and decorations (being the sibling in the family is
)

Thanks!

·
Rule #14
1,519 Posts
The micarta is beautiful and I guess it's super tough, but I'll take the wood any day.
I really love the micarta you usually use, but man I have a soft spot for wood(?!) lol.
I actually like working with wood, it's just the availability of the woods i want are hard to find in NZ

did you sand blast the padauk too?
Yup!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
A masterful blend of hi-tech and art. Talent & skill are an unbeatable combination.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Looks great! I'm working on a alum and pauduk as well, although i think im already beat!

·
Rule #14
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A masterful blend of hi-tech and art. Talent & skill are an unbeatable combination.
Means a lot coming from you DH

Nothing comes between Grandmaster Dee and his Sandblaster lol

Love your wood choice, that is one smart looking piece!
Thanks B! Padauk is very nice to work with IMO and looks great.
Looks great! I'm working on a alum and pauduk as well, although i think im already beat!
No way! do share once your finished.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Hi Danny, did you fill the grain on the padauk? Mine has very large pores, just curious.

·
Rule #14
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Personally, i like the exposed pores .. but i only coated the wood in BLO. I think a coat of wax would be nice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts