Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all just wondering what hotels are in the area and seeing about different arrangements folks are setting up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If I get to attend, I will be bringing my travel trailer. Jay said I could just set it there at the place where the gathering is. A lot depends on what the price of gas does. I may stay at a local rv park cause I gotta keep the old indian woman happy too. I have broke the point off every knife in the house, but I have a suspicion that she may have a knife hidden that still has a point on it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if camping is an option. I'm definitely down for that..

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
This is from Jay:

"There are several good motels in the area.The closest one is the Hoiliday Inn Express in Mount Pleasant,about 6 miles from the tournament."

I booked the Mount Pleasant HI. Costs about 100 dollars a night.

Jörg

·
Registered
286 Posts
...I gotta keep the old indian woman happy too. I have broke the point off every knife in the house, but I have a suspicion that she may have a knife hidden that still has a point on it.

...but yeah, I can soooo relate.

·
Super Moderator
6,512 Posts
I'm at the Holiday Inn Express in Mt Pleasant also. If any of you guys want to camp at the shoot, I don't think the club would mind. Check with Jaybird first ( he's a member of the club). As far as other motels in the area,punch in a search for motels in the east huntingdon Alverton area of PA. There's a couple in the area. Flatband

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
We will be staying at the Holiday Inn at Mount Pleasant.
We stayed there last year, and it was a nice hotel, and reasonably priced. Alredy have our reservations

I have taken gary flatbands challenge...I have an electronic slingshot target,( I made) that is almost finished.
I will be bringing it to the tournament for everyone to shoot at
It will have a unique sound when you hit the bullseye. When I have it finished..I will post a picture of it.
Tom

·
Registered
88 Posts
What dates is this taking place. Do you have to be pre registered?

·
Super Moderator
6,512 Posts
OH I"M GONNA LOVE THIS!!!! I spent most of last tournament shooting at a .22 blank stuck in a saw blade. Between that and a new BB electronic target,I may forget to come home!
Flatband

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
Well,
I suppose if you hit the target with a shotgun..or .308 winchester,The thing will be destroyed, but it should survive slingshot hits without effecting the audio and the electronics inside.
I guess we will find out how much she can take

Tom

·
Super Moderator
6,512 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
If I get to attend, I will be bringing my travel trailer. Jay said I could just set it there at the place where the gathering is. A lot depends on what the price of gas does. I may stay at a local rv park cause I gotta keep the old indian woman happy too. I have broke the point off every knife in the house, but I have a suspicion that she may have a knife hidden that still has a point on it.
Hi, I know this KOA is fairly close.
http://www.koa.com/where/pa/38179/

·
Registered
35 Posts
OSAGE ORANGE
I just wanted to mention, I'm not sure what parts of the country osage orange grows in, but the SouthWestern PA area is full of it.
Most locals know it strictly as 'monkey-ball trees'. They are kind of a nuisance ugly tree, the story is they were planted long ago along edges of fields as a living fence for cows. The trees continue to grow well as the sticky lumpy monkey balls continue to fall.
I dont know how easy it is to retrieve wood from the spiny trees, or if it dries nicely or cracks, but was thinking if any of you were coming to the area for the slingshot shoot and you dont have it in your area, you could possibly post a 'wanted' ad in Pittsburgh Craigslist (in ad, Specify Alverton = 'Irwin/Greensburg' area) to line up some kind of deal with someone.
Just a random thought that I had..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well, I had big plans to attend this, but is doesn't look like I'll be able to. The VA has scheduled a couple of appointments for me during that time and I can't change them. I hope lots of pictures are taken.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Which airport does one fly into for the tourney? And are tickets purchased in advance or at the door. I have a business trip to schedule to the East Coast and I might be able to swing at least one day to see all the goodies!

·
Super Moderator
6,512 Posts
Hi Sanjay,
how we doin Bud? The nearest airport, I think, is in Pittsburgh.The entrance fee can be paid at the shoot no problem. Hope you can stop in.Would love to meet "The Forum Collector"!
Flatband

1 - 20 of 34 Posts