Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes sir this morning this pile of 42 pouches, waiting to be trimmed, caused me to ask the question "Am I having fun yet?" Pouches are probably the hardest part on me making band sets. I have arthritis in my hands and cutting leather is really not much fun, but it is something to do! Tex-shooter

Attachments

· Philly
2,460 Posts
Keep it up Bill, I am very fond of your excellent bands and pouches.
Philly

· Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Nice work; you are certainly dedicated!

If you made a punch mould that centered on the ball indentation, you could cut them with a punch and mallet.

· Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been thinking of doing that! -- Tex-Shooter

· Here to help and learn
724 Posts
You may not have the greatest time cutting them out, but I must attest, the final result is a great pouch! Just a little update I am loving your light prototype bands with the molded pouch, I have about 30 shots in them ( 15 degrees Fahrenheit and sleet/snow right now).... at this point and they are probably my most enjoyable and relaxing plinking bands at this point. I shoot small hex nuts, marbles, and the river pebbles I have in my garden...with minimal shooting so far I connect for 5-6 out of 10 at 10 meters.

The pouch leather is so soft and comfortable that it just feels right between my finger tips....

Okay, that's all for now, just dropping in for a bit of a comment on my feelings for your pouches and bands...They are an absolute blast to shoot and will get a ton of use if the weather ever breaks, I can't thank you enough for letting me give them a try.

Take Care - John

P.S. Would you suggest shooting them much in the cold? Are they fine for the coat-pocket heat and shoot method in spurts?

· Registered
364 Posts
Tex,

I hope you aren't thinking of retiring on us, but you have to look out for yourself.

I, like so many others, I'm sure, appreciate your work more than you know.

WD40

· Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not planning to retire just yet!!! -- Tex-Shooter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.