Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
this week end, i received few rolls of black thera band, and this evening, i was able to test a new band set on my catty.

One layer, 3 cm non tapered (will do later) and 30 cm from fork to pouch.

I shoot 16 mm glass marble, full butterfly, and this rubber is unbelievable: it seems so weak, but what a speed achieved! i was really surprised.

I was training at 18 yards on a soda can, and i was too high most of the time, i have to train my brain to this new ballistic.

I shot a empty beer can at about 20 m (23 yards) with one of these 16 mm marble, and the can was penetrated both sides, very impressive!

Wish i had a chrony...

I am an happy guy with this back tb

I have to make some experiments now, as i plan to shoot also .44 lead balls, and i think i will begin with 5 cm at the fork tapered to 3 cm at the pouch

i'll give you my results

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Joseph that's what I've found as well..... They can subject to tears fairly quick because they are so thin, but they really do make the ammo fly in full butterfly with such a light draw.
Heavier ammo should increase their lifespan, but it's so fun when it's light and fast!!!

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
this week end, i received few rolls of black thera band, and this evening, i was able to test a new band set on my catty.

I shoot 16 mm glass marble, full butterfly, and this rubber is unbelievable: it seems so weak, but what a speed achieved! i was really surprised.

I was training at 18 yards on a soda can, and i was too high most of the time, i have to train my brain to this new ballistic.

I shot a empty beer can at about 20 m (23 yards) with one of these 16 mm marble, and the can was penetrated both sides, very impressive!

Wish i had a chrony...

I have to make some experiments now, as i plan to shoot also .44 lead balls, and i think i will begin with 5 cm at the fork tapered to 3 cm at the pouch

i'll give you my results
Unless you're using an extended shooting style, like the butterfly, I would recommend Theraband gold for shooting 0.44" lead.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts

Wish i had a chrony...

i'll give you my results
Now thats impressive do you got any pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.