Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile since I gave everyone an update and this is the perfect time to give it... When there's good news to give!! Went to my doctor visit today preparing for my Chemo this week and all my test results came back at higher levels than before I started chemo 9 treatments ago?!! The doctor was completely stumped and couldn't understand these great results being so far into my chemo. I told her about the mushrooms I've been taking for the last month and how much they've helped me through the chemo process. She had heard of a couple of them and used a couple of them for mental alertness and stress, but her main reply was "I don't understand it, but whatever you're doing keep doing the exact same thing". These medicinal mushrooms have been a godsend in the last month for me handling my chemo.

My hands were shaking like a leaf before I started and now my hands are rock solid and I'm not falling over or blacking out anymore like I was before I started the mushrooms. Sleep is way better, less anxiety and I can eat a little better too. My energy levels are still way down I can only be on my feet for 5 to 10 minutes maybe 15 minutes at a time before I have to sit or lay back down. While I am moving, standing, shooting my slingshot or my blowgun or my recurve bow I am pretty steady and have enough strength to do whatever I'm doing for about 10 minutes.

All that being said I am definitely getting accuracy more and more with my slingshot, and the blowgun is getting very accurate. Had my first kill of a squirrel couple of weeks ago and that Cold Steel blowgun is a serious hunting machine! I posted about the the kill with pictures in the blow gun forum page. I got a nice recurve bow a few days ago and having shot bow for several years I just need to get my muscles back which is the hard part for me right now since I can't exercise. I need to work on my stability and my Anchor Point and my release and my.... it is fun to get back into archery and can't wait till I can really get my muscles stronger and feel more confident with the bow.

I am going to set up a archery range soon and I'm going to make some 50 to 80 mm spinners that I'm going to shoot with dumb dumb heads on my arrows. Not sure how it'll work but it should be fun to shoot Spinners with an arrow. My blowgun has the stun darts that are rounded heads and I regularly practice in my catch box with my blowgun stun darts and really enjoy watching them Spinners fly around with that Cold Stone stun Darts. I'm getting pretty accurate at about a 50 mm Target and better at the smaller ones, I can even hit the 30 mm spinner if I'm really feeling steady.

That's my extra-long update, sorry if I got a little wordy I am just incredibly excited for my last chemo treatment to be in 1 month from this Wednesday!!

Blessings everyone and so appreciative of your prayers and well-wishes in this crazy insane time I've been in for the last several months.

Vince
Cheers

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I am definitely using turkey tail daily, including Rieshi and lion's mane. My awesome lady as other things and another couple of mushrooms that I can't remember but her concoction tastes amazing with cacao powder. Every night I get to drink an amazing hot cocoa drink that keeps me healthy!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Great to hear Vince. Enjoying reading your posts. I think that you are living proof that MDs do not have all the answers, especially for the mental part of recovering from diseases. Keep shooting and keep taking those mushrooms!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SJAaz it is definitely both! But the mushrooms have made a massive improvement. And I don't think any amount of encouragement is going to make my platelets jump up 20 points when they've been dropping 20 points each chemo. It's a lot of both and I appreciate all the help I'm getting.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
Vince,

You are an inspiration!! Also you have achieved maximum Woooooooooo!!!

Thank you for sharing, man.
Glad you have some fun to share with us.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.