Slingshots Forum banner

Amber Belt

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Sandstorm 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know little about this stuff other than it’s thin, strong, and seems to work well. I’ve been looking for it here in the states though and can’t seem to find a place with any in stock. Are there any names it goes by or other places to find it like fabric supply stores etc.? For instance I know crystal string can be found under a variety of names in the jewelry industry for beading. So far I only really know of Simpleshot and Fowler’s here in the states. Maybe there are other suppliers out there I’m not aware of yet. Thanks for any knowledge. I’ve just been using strips of .5 latex to hold me over.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I get mine from simpleshot.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Thanks Hoss. Yeah that's my preferred shop and stop too. I had contacted them and they said they were going to be out of them for a bit. I might just hold out for them, I'm waiting for them to restock the roo leather pouches too. [emoji1786][emoji1786]

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
doublelslingshotsupplies.com
sling-tech.com
And I believe pocketpredator.com

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk
Hey, right on! Thanks Stankard, I certainly appreciate it! Looks like sling-tech has some. If nothing else I'm learning about more suppliers! Looks like pocket predator has a proprietary product called "Smart Ties" that are reusable. I'll have to check those out sometime too. [emoji106]

#10 ·
#14 ·
Hey Sandstorm, you ever get your hands on the tieing ribbon you were looking for? I ask as I have spools of the stuff I have no use for as I tie my pouches with cotton utility twine and my forks with cut up old bands. If you would like the stuff I have PM me and let me know where to send it :)

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Sandstorm, you ever get your hands on the tieing ribbon you were looking for? I ask as I have spools of the stuff I have no use for as I tie my pouches with cotton utility twine and my forks with cut up old bands. If you would like the stuff I have PM me and let me know where to send it :)
Hey Raventree!
Thanks kindly. You know I actually was able to find some, but thanks a lot for your offering. The generosity around here is bar none. I'm going to have to keep that in mind so I can return the favor once I've amassed a horde of supplies (which is happening scarily quick!).

#17 ·
Echoing many others above, Simpleshot used to carry it but I don't see it on their site at the moment.

Slingtech does have it listed. I ordered some other stuff from them less than a year ago, shipped pretty quickly. They seem like a good company.

https://sling-tech.com/product/crystal-band-tying-tape/

#18 ·
Echoing many others above, Simpleshot used to carry it but I don't see it on their site at the moment.

Slingtech does have it listed. I ordered some other stuff from them less than a year ago, shipped pretty quickly. They seem like a good company.

https://sling-tech.com/product/crystal-band-tying-tape/
I chatted with someone from Simpleshot's help chat (~a couple weeks ago?). From what they said, the amber band will be back in a bit but it's not displayed on the site right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.