Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Soon to begin cutting my own bands...' Have only shot TheraBand gold, ss black and the amber latex. Much prefer the amber latex & wondering how the precise .762 compares to the similar thick amber. Thanks in advance for any reply.....g

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
Depends on which generation of precise. First gen. Precise is not gonna have the elongation of Amber latex so your sets will have to be a bit longer. Just check the elongation factor if the ones you buy. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Depends on which generation of precise. First gen. Precise is not gonna have the elongation of Amber latex so your sets will have to be a bit longer. Just check the elongation factor if the ones you buy. Hope this helps
Joe, do you think that the 3rd gen precise has better elongation? I tried 0.75 and I still found it a bit stiff compared to gzk.
Oh, if you can do a comparison between gzk and sumeike, I would be grateful too!

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Saw a useful technique on Facebook, can't remember who did it.
1. Cut a strip of band say 19mm (3/4")
2. Near the middle of the length make 2 marks 10mm (1/2") apart
3. Stretch the band between hands over a measure as far as you can
4. Elongation factor found

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
Joe, do you think that the 3rd gen precise has better elongation? I tried 0.75 and I still found it a bit stiff compared to gzk.
Oh, if you can do a comparison between gzk and sumeike, I would be grateful too!
All that I can do is give you my opinion and even then it's probably more preference. I was excited but not to impressed with precise gen 1.
I had to have like 16" of it to reach my draw. Then came GZK original White. Loved it and still do. Then they came out with a new formula that was a a lot like precise but lasted longer. I may be wrong but I put precise, gzk, and Sumeike in category. If I shoot one of them it's Sumeike I have a dresser drawer full of them.
Now comes usopp and burning scull bands I put gen 3 precise with these. Super smooth draw and stretches forever and goes off like a shotgun.
Mark my word. The Chinese are keeping the good stuff! And marketing to us new versions with only slight improvement. Again only the option of an old man that has shot every that has hit the market. (Rather poorly I might add)

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Ok, that means that I have to get some sumeike! For a long draw, about 43", and 3/8 steel, what thickness would you recommend? Based on the latex I've tried this far, I would say about 0.5-0.55?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts