Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Okay it's not all that special... except for the fact it's the cheapest "serious" ammo you can make it home during the Magnificent Lockdown.

I did it because it felt better than staring at the walls. There is only so much TV I can binge-watch.

Circle Saving Font Games Electric blue

Plaster of Paris balls. Messy to make, but nice to shoot. You get better with practice.

Let them dry for a whole day or two, yeah? Or else they fragment on contact, being still wet on the inside. Microwaving them to dry will make them weaker.

And whatever you do, don't pour the leftover plaster down the sink..... Drain clogged forever.

For my next trick, I'll try cement balls....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
You don't find them a bit light once fully dried?
The first ones I did were light. And they broke easy. But when I got the hang of it... you need the right amount of water, not too much... they turned out dense and heavier. They have a better weight than a marble and they hit harder. Marbles are cheap... these are cheaper.. a bag of plaster will make many.

Media player Audio equipment Portable media player Gadget Material property

Media player Gadget Audio equipment Gas Portable media player

Also don't make a ton at once. You will lose the window during which you can roll the ball in your hands before it starts to crumble. Make in batches of 6 to a dozen.

Use a spray/mist gun.. like they use in the barbershops... to wet the plaster as needed. Don't go by the youtube ratio of 1 cup plaster-2 cups water or whatever that is.. you'll end up with an unholy mess .... just spray-wet as needed.

If you really mean business, make a ton of balls with house cement instead of plaster. :woot:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts