·
Super Moderator
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camera accessory Wood Bicycle part Tripod Tire
Tire Camera accessory Automotive tire Wood Musical instrument accessory
Tripod Camera lens Wood Camera accessory Lighting
Tableware Drinkware Serveware Art Cup

I saw some things that got me inspired to make this simple adapter. It allows me to easily use my garage sale tripod with just about any cell phone / iPod camera. I use my iPod to video all the time. I hope some of you can utilize the idea or develop your own from it. Some scrap wood, a dowel,rubber bands,self stick foam, and a blind tee nut. I believe the nut is 1/4 20 thread.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wood Floor Hardwood Flooring Bumper

Thought I would throw this in. I have done most of my video with it. A simple tripod. A scrap board with a custom notch for the iPod touch and a sheet rock screw. I like things complicated. ;)

Attachments

·
Cogito Ergo Armatum Sum
1,014 Posts
nice,, I might have to fiddle with something like that.. It would be nice to have multiple camera up sometimes.

oh by the way, maybe your next project could be an outlet plate for that outlet on the wall.... :)

LGD
You mean that's not how they are supposed to look?

Attachments

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
will the pdf be posted in the templates section ? :yeahright:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I made myself a similar mount for my smartphone. Components used were all in my workshop, so it didn't cost me a cent :)

As I am shooting in my garden I made something I can stick into the ground. The mount consists of 3 threaded pipes which can be extended or shortened when adding more or less of them. The actual jig which holds my smartphone was built with parts of threaded rod, washers, hex nuts, a butterfly nut, 2 knobs for adjustments, a wooden stem as a handle and some bent steel plate for holding the phone. I added a sharpened screw to the bottom and another plate so I can drive the mount into hard soil by foot.

Thanks Beanflip for the motivation :thumbsup: . I hope to join the Slingshot badge competition soon as I now can film quite comfortable. I think the jig will also be handy for the smartphone chrony.

Cheers, Simon

Light Wood Line Bicycle part Office ruler
Plant Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Grass Groundcover
Plant Netbook Communication Device Gadget Mobile device
Plant Leg People in nature Grass Terrestrial plant

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.