Slingshots Forum banner

An Ontario morning

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  31610 
#1 ·
A couple pics from about 5 mins from me . U don’t get to see them all the time very cool animals but stay in the shadows

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I love it! I see them on occasion but they don't stick around very long.

I was cross country skiing in a marsh a few years ago and saw a very odd shape in the show, it was 6 feet long (as long as my ski) about a foot wide then 3 paw prints. This pattern went on for about 1/4 mile.....never 4 paw prints, never 2. I then realized it must be an otter gliding on the snow. Sure enough, I followed it to a small muddy hole in the ice where it disappeared. I would have loved to glide along with him!!

#9 ·
Now this is cool. All I ever see here is muskrats. They're cool and all...but not otter or mink cool.
And they will steal all your bait.
i never seen the otters eat but one year a mink had her babies under a shed at the marina. She would have fish like two times her size . She drag them out the water and right under the shed was cool . She was one good provider I just imagine what a 3 foot otter catches

#10 ·
I love it! I see them on occasion but they don't stick around very long.

I was cross country skiing in a marsh a few years ago and saw a very odd shape in the show, it was 6 feet long (as long as my ski) about a foot wide then 3 paw prints. This pattern went on for about 1/4 mile.....never 4 paw prints, never 2. I then realized it must be an otter gliding on the snow. Sure enough, I followed it to a small muddy hole in the ice where it disappeared. I would have loved to glide along with him!!
something tells me it be hard to keep up to him lol the race be on

#15 ·
For years, they have raise mink in SE Idaho. Big farms of them like the Russians. Those things are fierce!! I hate to think what a full blown river otter could do!
ya u ever hear of a ermine [short tail weasel] it about 9 onces of killer lol . buddy had one get into chicken coop it was hard to get him . thing ate up most the laying hens destructive little fella i hate see what the otter can do myself

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.