Slingshots Forum banner

Anchor and band alignment.

771 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SLINGDUDE 
#1 ·
I was asked a question the other day on my anchor.
Well to be honest I wasn't being consistent, so I watched some videos and have a few questions.
I'm trying to figure out my anchor. And trying get get a consistent one to come up with a good draw length measurement. I feel pretty comfortable under my cheek bone. But when I take a look at my bands they are twisted. This is if I keep my forks on top of each other vertically.

I know from archery this is not good but is this the same with slingshots? I would say it's twisted a 1/4 turn toward my face. This happens when I place my thumb bone under my cheek bone with my hand slightly turned out
If I keep my thumb on top, elbow pointed down they line up easily but it feels awkward. But maybe this is correct?

#4 ·
I've experimented with anchor points all over my face! I settled on the same as you. Thumb under cheek bone. I also twist the pouch about a 1/4 turn towards my face and that has no detrimental effect on accuracy at all. If it's comfortable and you are generally hitting where you are aiming, just keep at it. You may have to tweak your aiming reference point, but as long as you anchor consistently the accuracy will come with practice.

#5 ·
Twisting a quarter turn shouldn't affect anything accuracy wise. Some PFS shooters twist a half turn and still shoot with impressive accuracy.

Personally, I use an ear anchor system similar to what northerner described in the thread alfred e.m. linked in an earlier post.

You'll ultimately find what works best for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.