Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruising eBay for good ammo deals (gotta go 10+ pages in to find some cool stuff) and came across these. 450 (457 to be exact) 11 mm balls for $10. Turns out they are old Pachinko balls. A quick search for Pachinko balls shows there may be some decent deals to be had. Some are quite pricey but it's with a look and compare prices to what you're used to paying.
Natural material Fruit Circle Basket Electric blue

Attachments

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOT TIP! This may be well known, but I haven't seen it mentioned yet. When searching for steel balls on eBay or Amazon don't search for slingshot ammo. Instead, search for utility grade ball bearings. The same size and quantity is usually several dollars less than the ones marketed as slingshot ammo! For example... BCTrade sells 1000 3/8 slingshot ammo balls for $24.95 (free shipping). They also sell 1000 3/8 utility grade bearings for $18.75 (also free shipping). Seems like a no brainer to me!

·
Registered
38 Posts
HOT TIP! This may be well known, but I haven't seen it mentioned yet. When searching for steel balls on eBay or Amazon don't search for slingshot ammo. Instead, search for utility grade ball bearings. The same size and quantity is usually several dollars less than the ones marketed as slingshot ammo! For example... BCTrade sells 1000 3/8 slingshot ammo balls for $24.95 (free shipping). They also sell 1000 3/8 utility grade bearings for $18.75 (also free shipping). Seems like a no brainer to me!
I figured that out a few eras ago also. But found they was even cheaper depending on size from amazon. Same dealer.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't figured out where to source damaged/defective bearings. I think Daisy or Marksman used to sell the bearings with flats pressed into them. I would assume those were at one time ball bearings that didn't meet spec?

FYI the Pachinko balls are kind of cool because they have Japanese writing and designs on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts