1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
It definitely works and looks great Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Was that a post or a pm? I would be interested to learn about this chalk and super glue method.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was that a post or a pm? I would be interested to learn about this chalk and super glue method.
I don't recall, but it's really simple. Use a file and shave some dust off of some colored chalk and mix it with superglue and apply it to the crack, let it dry and sand it flush. If you want an interesting geode look hit it with a heat gun and speed dry the superglue and it will pull all the chalk to the edges and form little clumps. Then apply clear glue over the top of that and let it dry normally. This works best on larger holes or cracks.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I don't recall, but it's really simple. Use a file and shave some dust off of some colored chalk and mix it with superglue and apply it to the crack, let it dry and sand it flush. If you want an interesting geode look hit it with a heat gun and speed dry the superglue and it will pull all the chalk to the edges and form little clumps. Then apply clear glue over the top of that and let it dry normally. This works best on larger holes or cracks.
Awesome! Thank you!

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,526 Posts
I definitely need to try this!
Alex, you can pretty much inlay any crushed up materials ( turquoise, malachite, abalone shell, mother of Pearl, cinnamon, , brass or copper filings or solid wire pieces, etc…..) using the water thin viscosity CA glue.

You can inlay specific designs, worm or bug tracks, or simply fill a crack with inlay.
Just fill your area slightly proud of the surface, then drip the CA glue over it till it pools up on top, let that fully dry ( a few hrs ) then simply sand flush to as high a grit as you want to go, wipe it all down good and apply your choice of finish.

Hope this helps

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
Registered
535 Posts
Alex, you can pretty much inlay any crushed up materials ( turquoise, malachite, abalone shell, mother of Pearl, cinnamon, , brass or copper filings or solid wire pieces, etc…..) using the water thin viscosity CA glue.

You can inlay specific designs, worm or bug tracks, or simply fill a crack with inlay.
Just fill your area slightly proud of the surface, then drip the CA glue over it till it pools up on top, let that fully dry ( a few hrs ) then simply sand flush to as high a grit as you want to go, wipe it all down good and apply your choice of finish.

Hope this helps

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Absolutely it helps! Thanks! Now I just need to hunt around the house for everything I can grind up into powder! Lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts