Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year (I think), I spoke to Bill Herriman and asked him whether his classic frame is set in stone (meaning he's done all he wanted with it and to it). He said it's a continuing work in progress! I know what he means. I just finished up rough carving 4 of my Ergo frames and on the second one I accidentally chamfered too deep on the palm knob on the handle. I gripped it and found that my pinky tip fit right into the tear drop shape made by the tool. I then promptly cut out some more material and smoothed it and found that I love the way the grip feels now even more then before! Like Bill says, we are always tweeking things because we are never satisfied with our creations. Sometimes a little thing can make a nice difference. Wonder what accident or idea will lead to the next little improvement? Fun! Flatband

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Gary,

I've got one I did the same identical thing to. I actually fudged the handle, tried to repair it, and decided to take away material below the depth of the repair. I did a teardrop as well, but elected to do a "re-do" instead of wasting more time on the one I fudged. Once things slow down, I may go back and work on it some more. I'll have to take a pic of it tomorrow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.