Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a good handle that used to belong to a pallet wrapping device so I decided to build a slingshot around it. This one will be fully self cantering as the frame spins on the handle and the fork heights are adjustable. At least until I decide how high I want them. Should be a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Nice idea. I wouldn't want the forks too high as there will be to much pressure on the wrists. The 2nd photo with the handle the other way is a great idea if you can get enough clearance over the handle. It looks a very stable design.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice idea. I wouldn't want the forks too high as there will be to much pressure on the wrists. The 2nd photo with the handle the other way is a great idea if you can get enough clearance over the handle. It looks a very stable design.
The forks will need some serious trimming. Not sure how high I should make them actually. Might experiment a bit. The other design might be a bit of a stretch on this build but I have made another one that way and it works fantastic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seen that design before:

The key issue is to minimize wrist torque, so the grip placed underneath, as shown in your photos above, is not a great idea. Better to make the slingshot as shown in the video.
I have already made one identical to the one in the video. It works really well, I love it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mr Sprave made one very similar and says it's amongst his highest powered slingsgots.
I'm concerned about that band attachment method, I avoid putting any free metal parts in contact with the bands - if one of those shackles comes back at you it'll take your eye, better to tie the bands directly to the frame loops.
My highest powered slingsgots shoot 1" steel balls, I have a handheld one that runs at 20 ftlbs and a starship that runs just over 40 ftlbs - not to be messed with.
I shoot them very rarely because it's very tiring and quite dangerous!

Reactions: skarrd
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.