Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished this one today, It's pretty chunky, and after shooting Flatband's pocket shooter it seems huge but it shoots good and I am still a sucker for a natural fork..

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
That's a keeper!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I really like this one has a nice presence to it.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Most of what I use is downed wood or comes out of the local brush pile, so most of it is already dry to some degree,but everything goes in my trunk till I get around to working it which dries it out nice this time of the year, I have also used the microwave method a couple of times on some pretty green stuff with really good results.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Looks great, no mention of that wood is harpersgrace. I still do not dare to experience dehydrated in a microwave. hehehe!

Chepo

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I'm a little slow, but I just noticed how you have the bands attached...pretty slick !

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great, no mention of that wood is harpersgrace. I still do not dare to experience dehydrated in a microwave. hehehe!

Chepo
Actually using the micro was easy, but I kept burning my knuckles. The wood is just oak, I'm not sure what variety.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I'm a little slow, but I just noticed how you have the bands attached...pretty slick !
Thanks Jim, it works pretty good..I also grooved the forks front and back so it could be switched to flatbands with out much trouble.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
looking good! how big is it?
I don't know I'm in the other room and too lazy to get up and go measure it
...it's next to a standard bic pen in the thumbnail so maybe 10 inches top to bottom.

Here's a picture of it in hands as I was working on it

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I have 3 rigged that way right now, unfortunately with my shoulder I'm not able to do a lot of shooting. I guess that's a round about way of saying I really don't know but I haven't noticed any undue ware so far.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
I like that kind of setup and have copied it already. Tubes are lasting and lasting. Harper, what size tubes? I use 3/16 O.D., 1/8 I.D. from McMaster Carr. Love the stuff.
Nice slingshot.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Great slingshot !

·
Registered
54 Posts
looking good! how big is it?
I don't know I'm in the other room and too lazy to get up and go measure it
...it's next to a standard bic pen in the thumbnail so maybe 10 inches top to bottom.

Here's a picture of it in hands as I was working on it

[/quote]

GOOD GOD thats huge! And i thought the smitty i got was big! You should try golfballs and fireworks since the forks permit, hehe.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dayhiker I'll let you know, right now I'm using my phone to post since my power is out, I don't remember off hand, I got it from Dankung and the receipt is on my computer.
Pulse, I had actually thought of using it as a golf ball chucker but all I had were the light tubes and I did think they would do much with a golf ball.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dayhiker it is dankungs 20*40 tubing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts