Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey everyone!

A few days ago I started watching a YouTube guy, and the winner of one of the "Alone" shows.

Fowler's Makery and Mischief

I started watching because he was doing some "live off the land" type episodes in the Canadian Rockies. I found that he had a lot of slingshot videos and kind of fell down the rabbit hole.

I never knew slingshots could be so accurate! All I've ever used was the cheap Crossman slingshots that I bought from Walmart when I was a kid. I never liked them because they weren't very accurate (for me) I had a lot more fun with my pellet gun.

Anyway, now I am sitting here with a Scout LT and 25 lbs of 7/16 steel shot :blink:. I really like challenges and trying new things, so this is right up my alley.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome...
I find myself watching Fowler on YouTube more than I can explain. He must have entertainment value

·
Registered
962 Posts
So another one caught the virus, the slingshot bug that is. Welcome my friend, keep me in the loop and post some pictures. Its a good hobby, not expensive and takes you outdoors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!

I'm a long time shooter and shoot a bow occasionally (recurve). Slingshots are something I've neglected, but not any longer.

So far I am having a lot of fun!

Feels like a combination of pistol shooting and bow shooting to me. It will take a while to get my eye dialed in and know what I am doing to get repeatable accuracy, but so far I think I am doing pretty good.

Today I set some cans out at 80 ft and I am hitting them roughly 70% of the time using the Scout LT and 7/16" steel shot. I've tried both TTF and OTF shooting and I think I prefer TTF.

My pouch holding fingers are getting a little sore :)

I'd like to get good enough at it to bring a slingshot with me on my hiking/camping outings and try to someday supplement my dehydrated food with a critter once and a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts