Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
See The Target
21,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While shopping in the sporting goods / camping supply aisle of my local Walmart store I found a 12 pack of 32 inch bamboo skewers . They are 3/16 inch diameter which is generally difficult to find . I take the cone off of the Cold Steel stun darts and the fit perfectly tight and straight on the 3/16 shaft . I generally don't favor the thinner bamboo shafts but these are working out great . I have made 16 inch darts which fly nice and straight and hit hard . I also cut a shaft into three giving a 10.67 inch dart which flies a little faster . The 3/16 bamboo is nice for creating a hunting dart with exacto blades . The 12 pack of 32 inch shafts is only $ .88 cents . I have a good supply of Cold Steel stun darts so this is a quick and easy way to put a dart together . Regular bamboo shafts are just way to light to be effective so these are the answer for me .

·
Registered
957 Posts
Very interesting, I have not seen those, but in the craft section they have 12 each 12in 3/16" wooden dowels. There was a what I've been using I never thought to look in another section. Mine were good because I can stain them and treat them so they don't Warp. And they also do work well with a #2 exacto knife blade (big ones) as a hunting Dart.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts