Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was a rainy day over here in NC,

The boys and I went out and had a blast tromping through the woods and looking for forks. As we were walking my 7 year old was looking ahead in the distance and spotted a Grey running around the bases of the trees. Well, we went on Ninja mode...yes thats what we call it
We stalked pretty darn close, when i felt it was going to be pushing it with a 5 and 7 yr old, So i left them there to stalk the last 10 yards on my own.
He came down and sat at the base of a big oak in this little holler, I figured this was it.
I drew back, twisted, took aim on his head and let fly....40 feet later my .50 cal steel ball struck him in the back of the neck, He went down twitching, but then starting hopping around, You see, his neck was broken, but he wasnt dead. So the boys and i ran up, i grabbed a club on the way, and used it to dispatch him cleanly with one strike. It was a good lesson for the boys, my eldest actually suggested that i do this...Very bright, these boys.
Today they got to learn to quickly and humanly dispatch all game, with the most effective means at hand, and why we respect our prey. My aim was slightly off, for which i was sorry, but thats hunting..... Thanks for reading. and again, kuddo's to James for an amazing SS.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys, Sorry for the late reply, busy as heck at this new job. Anyway, Thank you for the words, especially about them remembering this when they are fathers, it is a dream of mine. I love the hunting, but even more i love the time out with the boys. Have a merry Christmas fellas, and here is to a new year.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.