Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just waterproofed my canvas slingshot bag using my homemade beeswax and boiled linseed oil finishing paste :)
Quick and easy solution for keeping my slingshot gear dry when I'm hunting!

I gotta thank @oldmiser for the tip (a good friend is one that always points you down the right path)

MW
d84499cf0dacf71825f1849500fee238.jpg
2fa8e0182d31ed0236596ede23928deb.jpg
dc1e3d7a53dc426d534f89d7aee1eb26.jpg
30b6a56cb63214273f78a01c80b12c84.jpg

Sent from my B3-A40 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great!
Does this combination stiffen the fabric much when it dries?
Thanks....good question...I'm glad MakoPat answered it cause it's the first time I've done it,...I know that it's staying soft at room temperature....and a little tacky...but I used a lot of paste on it....maybe too much....I think I might heat it up with the hair dryer and try to draw some of it out by wiping it really well with a cotton rag

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never thought of that one. Did it work it's way all the way through?
Yes it did...it almost started coming through my canvas inner liner too....After I rubbed it into the canvas I heated it with a hair dryer which helped the saturation process

·
OldMiser
3,543 Posts
My friend it will be fine now..you have done it correctly for the application.as the BLO carries the bee's wax into the fabric....warm weather the bag will be soft..colder weather it will stiffen up some..as do too

the bee's wax...but this is a very good protection the the hunting bag.....I my self started doing this way back in the 50's...not only to a hunting bag..but also

too pants for hunting....from the zipper down the pant legs.....keeps you dry and also helps with brier thorns form poking you.....infack old tiers did this very thing

back in the early 1800's...only they used bear & buffalo fats ...rubbed in to the fabric.......akaOldmiser

1 - 9 of 9 Posts