Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cold weather is not far away for us northerners. I'm looking for some information on the anti-cold (anti-freeze) bands from Precise and GZK. The Precise are available from DK with .65mm to .80mm thickness. The GZK go from .45mm to 1.0mm.

1 --- I'm looking for something mild for 5/16" steel ammo for backyard plinking in the cold (approx 225 fps, 6-8 lb draw wt preferred, 32" draw length). I will use these bands for 1/4" steel too.

2 --- Also something a bit heavier for 3/8" steel for possible hunting (200-220 fps). My draw length is 32" and I prefer max 12 lbs draw weight for hunting.

Any suggestions???

Thanks

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Guys, why don't you all move here, in Athens? During the day we don't get below 12-13c° ????.
Now seriously, don't you have the space to shoot indoors during winter? Even if the bands shoot well in cold weather, are our poor fingers up to the task?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, why don't you all move here, in Athens? During the day we don't get below 12-13c° .
Now seriously, don't you have the space to shoot indoors during winter? Even if the bands shoot well in cold weather, are our poor fingers up to the task?
I can't seem to convince the rabbits and grouse to move indoors so I can shoot them. Those darn things never listen!

During the winter I plink in my basement but I only have about 28 feet. I won't be shooting outdoors in January or February but I would like to still be shooting outdoors into October and maybe November when it's quite cool. Then again in early spring when the snow melts.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Stupid Me! I always thought of Greece as being hot and dry. 12-13c° = 56 degrees? In Texas, that is coat/whiskey and snuggle weather.
Well, this is during January/February, the coldest period of the year, in Athens, not in more southern parts of Greece, and yes....it is freezing cold for 99.999% of people here, except for me, I lived in colder climates for a decade and have a knack for snow and ice :)

Reactions: Tag

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Guys, why don't you all move here, in Athens? During the day we don't get below 12-13c° .
man gets -15 to -30 c and work outside a lot u can't say in the house all winter u go nuts just saying-12 is a walk in the park :wave:

·
Registered
612 Posts
We've already discussed the .8mm AC Precise bands, but I still recommend them. I've shot a bit more with them, including with a more aggressive 1/2" - 1/4" taper. Pretty light draw and excellent speed with 1/4". I don't have a chrony so that's as specific as I can be :) I'd be happy to send you some if you want a sample.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I would like to move anywhere but here.
Ehmm, where would "here" be? ????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.