Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just run out of ammo, and would like to shoot something other then marbles and ball bearings. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
87 Posts
steel m10 or m12 steel nuts fly well but can be hard to hold if u got a small pouch and can sumtimes tear ur pouch up i can get them from work for nowt but they can be be more expensive to buy than bbs and mabs

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After reading your post, I checked out the hex nuts on Ebay, and they appear to be pretty good. I'll try them out sometime soon.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Acorns and hickory nuts.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Casting your own lead balls is fun, and it is cheap, too. Lots of sources for scrap lead. Air gun or .22 shooting ranges have tons of deformed pellets/projectiles to harvest (make sure to fetch them in a shooting break :) ), and car tyre shops have lots of used wheel weights as well. Means, the ammo will be for free once you have the equipment.

I will do a video today about the new 12 ball mould by Bells Of Hythe, it makes 16 mm lead balls (.63").

·
Registered
52 Posts
Casting your own lead balls is fun, and it is cheap, too. Lots of sources for scrap lead. Air gun or .22 shooting ranges have tons of deformed pellets/projectiles to harvest (make sure to fetch them in a shooting break :) ), and car tyre shops have lots of used wheel weights as well. Means, the ammo will be for free once you have the equipment.

I will do a video today about the new 12 ball mould by Bells Of Hythe, it makes 16 mm lead balls (.63").
Great Suggestions...

Very good Post...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Everlasting Gobstoppers are really cheap and about the right size..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Clay ammo is pretty good; the balls weigh about the same as marbles but they're completely biodegradable, so you can shoot them anywhere and not worry about where the ammo goes, collecting it, etc. Actually it's the only ammo I can find to shoot in Thailand (they sell it in big bags for next to nothing). I'm convinced you could hunt with it, too, since I've broken coconuts and dinted pretty stout tin cans with it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Clay ammo is pretty good; the balls weigh about the same as marbles but they're completely biodegradable, so you can shoot them anywhere and not worry about where the ammo goes, collecting it, etc. Actually it's the only ammo I can find to shoot in Thailand (they sell it in big bags for next to nothing). I'm convinced you could hunt with it, too, since I've broken coconuts and dinted pretty stout tin cans with it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lampi100#p/u/8/JUUWMxDy9cs this guy does well with clay ammo too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts