Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
For hunting, I concur with Fish. a .44 or .45 lead ball is perfect. Good energy and penetration.

For self defense, use a bigger lead ball, like my preferred .75" (19mm). It simply delivers more energy, even though penetration won't be as good as using .44 lead. But the pain the .75" lead ball inflicts is just massive, will instantly stop an aggressor.

Jörg
Yes exactly. The same reason (stopping power) not penetration is why the us army retired the .30 cal. piston and took up the .45 cal. Girth and weight equals massive impact. Like the difference between Jorge (a massive force) and all other regular sized men possessing ordinary like strength, (no match).

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
Does anyone know if any particular kind of slingshot ammo is illegal in any particular jurisdiction?

Not crazy stuff like exploding ammo or depleted uranium, but conventional ammunition.

The reason I ask is, I can give slingshot ammo interesting flight characteristics.

If I can consistently determine which part of the ammo hits first, it wouldn't be hard to make expanders or tumblers.

Fin-stabilised 20gr sinker at 5' with theraband silver.

I won't pretend it's more accurate, but maybe I can advance the German sport of backyard Pudding Plinking.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gT7Yxgtzteo

I bet an expander would stop in a tub of jelly.

At the very least it would give Joerg a couple of minutes of fun.
Most impressed by Saunders Bands performance with plenty of energy force to get through the gelatin plus a little left over.

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
OK- about ammo doing the job on a agressor, What i carry when I am in a ROUGH area- muggers- toughnecks- the whole mess of badasses, I do metal detecting at these parks, have been approached a few times, and they backed off when the saw my HUGE dagger I use for digging.
ALSO, I have and have never had to use it my ERGO, with healthy flatbands, and some 3/8 hex nuts filled with lead, they weigh 200 grains, and will penetrate 2 pieces of 1/4 plywood.
And I also practice snap shooting, like spinning around and shooting milk cartons randomly placed, I figure if i got just a FEW seconds ONE of my lead filled nuts in the face or eye of a mugger might change his mind. And I would not Hesitate. These muggers kill people. Have been practicing and am now up to 20 shots in 60 seconds, with 15 of the 20 hitting a 9 inch paper plate at 20 yards.
A friend that goes with me occasionally, will not go without his 44 magnum to these places, I still go, and carry a few Nuts, a bayonet and my shooter.
I do not own any guns anymore as 4 yr in the Marine Corps messed my body up somewhat, and I really don't care much for guns anymore.
and that's my story-Taaa-Daaaa
[/quote]

Isnt the record 7 hits in 60 seconds at 33 feet?

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
projectiles shaped like acorns . no lead , lead too heavy. momentary tumble then straigten out during flight. perhaps glass projectiles would do best to tend to spiral with spiral like groves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.