Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have a right handed milbro slingshot i can't find even a picture of it on the web regd design no.853683
pat applon no. 32891/45
Sorry i don't know how to post pictures as yet cheers Philip

·
Super Moderator
6,744 Posts
Hi Philip, I would send Mr. Bird a PM on this one. He is really an expert on European catapults-especially the United Kingdom frames.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
On Slingshots of the world, the text under the picture reads, "Much more rare than its straightlined sibling, the "special offset thumbgrip catapult" was made in UK by the famous Milbro company. The designer apparently tried to improve ergonomy in their thumbgrip slingshot, thus creating one of the most awkward looking slingshots ever made.

Can't say as that I agree

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sorry, I have only just spotted this thread. Known as the " Off Set " the frame was sold probably in the early 1970s Milbro did not bother changing the wording on a standard box except to add the words off set after the word special. I did see somewhere it was suggested that this frame was a prototype but this is not true I even know a chap who bought one from Greens model shop in Brigg around this period. The frame is even more uncomfortable than the standard Milbro frame, when held in the left hand the fork tips are vertical, when held in the right hand the tips are horizontal. A short lived model but interesting from the collectors point of view. I have seen two maybe three over the years so quite scarce. Pictured below is mine next to a standard Milbro.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,744 Posts
Good Information Mr. Bird! I knew you would know something about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts