Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoy being outside, learning skills, and practicing skills.
I used to read Backpacker and I used to do survival style and solo trips several times a year.
If there was ever and extreme weather (which seldom happens on the Upper Cumberland Plateau) I'd grab my pack and go. As the years went by I become more and more about old woodcraft skills and tools... essentially history. Like Nessmuk, Kephart, and the like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do the same, DSL. I might buy their diy compliation.
But today I had some reward points to spend at a store... Field & Stream had a new one and so did TBWM... $13 versus $5.5... I got TBWM and some choclates for family.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have had a subscription for many years and have have had articles published in Backwoodsman.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I used to read those along with "fish fur and game". They've kinda disappeared off the shelves around here. I need to break down and subscribe. Thanks for the reminder Pat.
If you read FFG you may have read some of my articles there as well. But I hate to say it but FFG is a shadow of what it once was. The fur trade is down, maybe for good and that was a lot of that magazines content. I read it every month and it has become quite thin.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well good news... which is what I meant to post about... my m8nd ain'y right, friends. It has gone digital. I am going to do a 3 year subscription and get a digital Slingshot World, too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! I liked a lot you guys before I even knew you!

Any titles would be great because I would love to look 'em up.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks a bunch, Ghost... I have been outta sorts this week. Getting back into my discussions now that I am caught (mostly) up and coherent (ish).

I will try to look those up... After I learn ror record the articles I like or find useful I pass my copies to my dad, who is famously unorganized... a legend among packrats. So I may just backorder...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts