Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've been using 0.55 or 0.6 mm preassembled bands with the fiber pouch exclusively for the past months. Get a dozen of them for around $10 - can't beat it. I'm relatively new shooter, but I have had no problems with them. I never hear about anybody else using these cheapo bands ... does anybody use them besides me or perhaps have any negative experiences with them ?

https://www.amazon.com/outstanding-Slingshot-Powerful-Elasticity-Resilient/dp/B08HRLZVX2/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=0.6mm+slingshot+bands&qid=1620379955&sr=8-5

·
Registered
763 Posts
That price is very close to what you can get at pocketpredator for Precise .55 or .75. The only quibble I have with them is the pouch is a little small , especially on the .75 bands which are too much horsepower for anything less than 3/8 steel and then there's some hand slap coming. The ones from PP come in a neat little compartmental plastic box and Hays states straight up they are from China but at least it's helping a US vendor out a little. I only buy through Amazon as a last resort.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
They are inexpensive and probably decent, but the issue for me is that you are stuck with their elastic, their length/taper and their pouch. Might not be the best match for your actual requirements, so you may be depriving yourself of a better shooting experience.

·
Ray Rowden
3,089 Posts
If you are not ready or interested in cutting your own, those bands are a great way to go.

I've been cutting my own for a long time and probably won't go back. But I've received a number of bands with purchased slingshots, and they've been good. Better than tube-sets, by a long shot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.