Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been working on a natural to give to my dad for Christmas - assuming I finish in time, which is getting questionable. Was wondering if anybody else was working on gifts for the season - I’ll try to get some pictures, if and when it gets to a point when a picture is worthwhile (I really have to get moving to give the finish some time...).

·
Mojave Mo
5,160 Posts
Well my strategy is a tad absurd. I placed an order yesterday for a Pocket Predator Topshot in solid ballistic G10, the .75 version. When it gets here I am going to wrap it up as a special gift from my dog Ollie to his favorite human.
While I'm waiting for it to show up I'm going to finish V.2 and V.3 of my Grandpa Grumpy inspired super modifieds. I'll wrap up one of them to myself from my Pops who died a few years ago. The other will come from my GreatGrandFather who died when I was 13 in 1975. He was a dead-eye with a natural and put in the dollars with my other family members to gift me my coveted Pocket Wrist Rocket! I was the king of my neighborhood when I pulled that baby out of my pocket!!
29323905b0513a78b96f949d75ccdd72.jpg
070a5797145b74f3e6c36c16cba25f9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Sneaky....
I go on the theory "clean and nice" is not an absolute, It just has to be the best that you can do at the time. We would have to work long and hard to get the results that J5 , Island, and about ten others on this forum do.
Ya don't shoot pretty, it's just sweet when you can shoot a custom!
Bye the way Guys, my emoticons no longer work????

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
18 days to Xmas. Keep in mind your recipients. Will they be as aware (critical/knowledgeable as your Peers?) You're stressing to fill your image. Decompress and work to the reality of your audience. Calm down and mail in 12 days.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Gesture Wood Art Bone Metal
Yellow Gold Art Sculpture Body jewelry
Amber Body jewelry Gold Yellow Art
Jaw Art Wood Bone Artifact

I promised I'd try to add some photos, so here goes nothing.
The bark on is what we call "river birch". Grow along the stream beds in the northwest of USA.
The small one is half oak that Mikey gave me and half oak from an old truck bed.

I fracked the laminated oak after shaping into a design that I stole from all these other guys on the forum.
Then gave them both three coatd of marine spar varnish. Mostly because that is what I had.
The fracking reminds me of treeman's logo. I was going to gift it to a vet, but I'm not sure that a newbie could shoot it without getting hurt. Maybe I'll try to get another natural made for that.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts