attachicon.gif
1208191004.jpg
attachicon.gif
1208191005.jpg
attachicon.gif
1208191006.jpg
attachicon.gif
1208191007.jpg

I promised I'd try to add some photos, so here goes nothing.
The bark on is what we call "river birch". Grow along the stream beds in the northwest of USA.
The small one is half oak that Mikey gave me and half oak from an old truck bed.

I fracked the laminated oak after shaping into a design that I stole from all these other guys on the forum.
Then gave them both three coatd of marine spar varnish. Mostly because that is what I had.
The fracking reminds me of treeman's logo. I was going to gift it to a vet, but I'm not sure that a newbie could shoot it without getting hurt. Maybe I'll try to get another natural made for that.
Whoa! I barely recognize that little gapper! That's amazing work on the shaping and finishing on both of those frames. Glad the little gapper got some love and a facelift :)

· Registered
2,754 Posts
attachicon.gif
1208191004.jpg
attachicon.gif
1208191005.jpg
attachicon.gif
1208191006.jpg
attachicon.gif
1208191007.jpg

I promised I'd try to add some photos, so here goes nothing.
The bark on is what we call "river birch". Grow along the stream beds in the northwest of USA.
The small one is half oak that Mikey gave me and half oak from an old truck bed.

I fracked the laminated oak after shaping into a design that I stole from all these other guys on the forum.
Then gave them both three coatd of marine spar varnish. Mostly because that is what I had.
The fracking reminds me of treeman's logo. I was going to gift it to a vet, but I'm not sure that a newbie could shoot it without getting hurt. Maybe I'll try to get another natural made for that.
Whoa! I barely recognize that little gapper! That's amazing work on the shaping and finishing on both of those frames. Glad the little gapper got some love and a facelift :)
Thanks Mike..Not happy with the way it shoots tho. Fits the hand nicely, wants to lean forward like a PF. But for me it shoots everywhere but where I'm looking.

Wouldn't feel good about giving it to a new shooter. If there is a vet on the forum that is a "dyed in the wool" gapper or PFS that wants to try and tame it, PM me, I will send it to you. No charge , just a token of thanks for your service.

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nice! Beautiful frame!

I was putting the last coat of finish on yesterday morning (using spray on acrylic clear coat) and wanted to give it a week to cure. Just after I put the coat on, I dropped the frame, apparently onto a bunch of sticks, grass, and dirt (I won't get into how I did that/how I was set up to spray, since I should have known better). Let it harden up some and sanded some last night, started reapplying final coats this morning. It's a race!

I did find some 11"x11" collapsible bins and 12"x12" facecloths at the dollar store that I'm going to use to make a simple collapsible catch box to go with the frame. So I'm excited about that. Also tossing in a creek Stewart pocket guide on slingshots and some ammo. A full hobby in a box!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.