Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,273 Posts
Does anyone have a wire bender to make wire slingshots ? I posted this a long time ago but I did nothing about it.

I would love to be able to "Roll My Own" as they say., using 3/16" to 1/4" steel rod stock. I have been thinking about this more seriously as I would love to manufacture them on a production basis for slingshot folks who would want a very cost effective, super tough low profile slingshot. These would be a bit like my Chinese "Cheapo's", but slightly longer and slightly wider with an improved attachment.

If any of you have a wire bender and make wire slings for yourself, please post, I would love to hear about your adventures. I'm only interested in cold rolling of the wire.

wll

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys, thanks a million for all your information on benders used and the very fine tutorials by Henry and Pebble Shooter ... you guys are amazing. I'm going to get a bender and see what I can do, then go from there ;- )

Thanks again guys for the info, and if anyone else has something to add please post it as this could be a learning experience for many of us ;- )

wll

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.