Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
If you are going to do a lot of them, I would say you need to built a jig so that it is faster and less work and they all come out the same. I would recommend a good heat source also or you may be bending weak spots into your work.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Yea I am on the same trajectory. I saw that my wife ordered a B-Day present for me in the form of an Easton Wire Bender. There are many types on the market, and used ones on eBay. Manually torking on a metal rod is a pain in my hands, and I am seeking mathematical perfection in my makery. On standby I have 3 heavy duty short bolts that can be the beginnings of a benchtop wire bender, just gotta make it happen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
As much as you enjoy the wire frames, I think a bending jig would work great for you. Have you tried Maps gas (I think it's called. Comes with a built in striker)? I believe that would be the cats pajamas for small work like slingshot frames.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.