Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else around here pick up an FX Crown? I caved and grabbed one as an upgrade to my old faithful AA S510. Definitely worth the upgrade. Better accuracy, better consistency, less air consumption, larger air volume, much lighter weight, and WAY shorter. Both the old S510 and the new FX Crown have a bit of a bark to them without some sort of additional moderator. I'll have to get working on that. I also couldn't get the stock muzzle cap off easily, and was worried I was going to mark it up, so I quickly banged out a tool for it in CAD/CAM and printed it out. Handy little thing.

Food Finger Thumb Ingredient Cuisine

The other pickle de-jour are magazines. If you can believe it, the magazines are a spicy 80$ each, and are out of stock many places. For such a small and simple piece of hardware that is easy to manufacture, that price seems to be a bit hard for me to swallow. Enough magazines to empty the tank would cost 500$, or a third the price of the whole gun. Word is that the FX Impact magazines are the perfect mirror of FX Crown magazines. And, thankfully, a gentleman over at the Airgun Forum has come up with a build for them.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/3d-printed-fx-magazine/

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2736118

Anyone on this side have interest in this project? Or even own a Crown?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
There is a while world out there that I have never even heard of.
Any more links so that I can learn the basics?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Air guns....my previous shooting hobby. It didn't manage to take a hold of me for long though.
I was eyeing those FX airguns, but the price is too steep :(

·
Registered
539 Posts
There is a while world out there that I have never even heard of.
Any more links so that I can learn the basics?
Learn the basics of airgunning? God, I don't even know where to start. I've been doing this so long, and the game has changed so much, I don't know what the best intro advice is.

Maybe they're starting to fall out of favor with some people, but Pyramyd Air has always done LOADS for the airgunning community, supporting it through times when it was not so popular in this country. (now the industry is soaring over here, probably because of the legal precedent that airgun moderators are NOT firearm suppressors and so therefore are federally unregulated) They have lots of stuff on their blogs about beginner airgun stuff.

There is also a whole forum, technically several actually, devoted to this subject:
https://www.airgunnation.com/forum/discussion/pcp-airguns/

Maybe some of that is helpful advice?

Air guns....my previous shooting hobby. It didn't manage to take a hold of me for long though.
I was eyeing those FX airguns, but the price is too steep :(
Sorry to hear that. For me it has been a long love affair. The guns now are better and cheaper than ever too.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah, i’m Into airgunning, belong to. Club and all, got several, but the FX’s and Daystates, clear outa my price range, 4 figure airguns to shoot at paper,,,,,,,,, OOOO No!!, No!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Finally cranked out a few good pictures.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Grille

Font Circle Fashion accessory Plastic Magenta

This project has legs, so I'm going to run with it for a while. See what sort of muffling I can manage.

Yeah, i'm Into airgunning, belong to. Club and all, got several, but the FX's and Daystates, clear outa my price range, 4 figure airguns to shoot at paper,,,,,,,,, OOOO No!!, No!!
I hear you loud and clear on that one. I was in the same place myself years ago. I flat out refused to spend 2K+ for an airgun. Time wore me down though, and the FXs dropped in price by about 50%. So the sharpest shot in airgun land went from 2.8k down to more like 1.5k, and the streamline, which runs the same polygonal barrel system that makes the rest so accurate, is a mere 999$. Not super cheap for sure, but I looked at my safe full of precision rifles which were all vastly more expensive, and which are much less frequently shot because they're so expensive to shoot and time consuming to clean, and kinda figured that 1.5K for the most accurate airgun in the game and which rarely needs to be cleaned would give me a lot more shooting pleasure for my $$$ than any of those so..... yeah. It also means the games I'd normally play with expensive bullets and high power rifles, I can now play at a mere 200 yards and an airgun for very cheap and in total silence..... as soon as I get that darn moderator figured out.

What I will say is that I'm very VERY glad regs have become a thing. My AirArms S510 was always a great love of mine, but the 100+FPS variance across the pressure cycle really meant you could never go back to any real distance and take a confident shot. The advent of cheap and fast high pressure air compressors really got me back in the airgun game in a big way too.

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yep they are fine, one of my friends just got a Daystate, complete with computer controlled pressure , electronic trigger, gps target aquization, oh my, got it all, I just cannot seem to outshoot him, at 50 meters , he can stack 22’s all day, beautiful gun at ny price

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GPS target acquisition. :p I do love the look of the daystates. Those electronic valves and regs sound amazing. As with everything, moving away from mechanical and to solid state has a tendency to increase performance and reliability. When it all becomes a bit more widespread, I might just have to go in on one. Some day......

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not got a crown but have a royale 500 with upgraded lothar 19" barrel threaded with hw mod lightened hammer spring and polished valves trigger sears the best gun I've fired by far even better now after bad accuracy problems with the smoothtwist barrel

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not got a crown but have a royale 500 with upgraded lothar 19" barrel threaded with hw mod lightened hammer spring and polished valves trigger sears the best gun I've fired by far even better now after bad accuracy problems with the smoothtwist barrel
Got any pics?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts