Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's pretty much all I use, I've got a great supplier here in the UK. I find it draws really smoothly, and lasts much longer than gzk. I'm loving the .65 at the moment, nice light draw and spits 9.5mm steel nicely. I don't see many people using it though. I just got some .65 precise to compare although I don't have a chrono unfortunately

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Eldon recently sent me a sample of .45mm 100% Slingshot Latex. I did some testing with it this morning. Great stuff! Details below...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.45mm 100% Slingshot Latex

Freshly cut bandset with a 20 shot break-in prior to checking speed numbers.

Lion Mouth frame was used for testing.

Steel ammo was used for all testing.

Speed numbers were established with a minimum of 15 shots per ammo weight.

Details

Pouch = 55mm x 14mm microfiber

Band cut = 17mm x 13mm x 190mm

Draw length = 32" (812mm)

.019" measured thickness

Draw weight = 8 lbs 3 oz

7mm = 238 fps

5/16" = 222 fps

3/8" = 188 fps

Notes

> I would describe the band as very responsive, zippy, fast, very smooth.

> I only pulled 32" (425%) when shooting but still did fine for speed.

> The band can easily draw another 2" or more with smoothness

> The band did not even feel like 8 pounds but the scale showed over 8.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 0.75 is some really snappy stuff, it's quite heavy draw compared to other latex of the same thickness. I've got some 0.8 sheshou and I reckon the 0.75 100% is heavier in draw weight. It's wickedly fast with 9.5mm steel, but I think it would be optimised with 10mm lead or 10-11mm steel. The 0.65 is hands down my favourite stuff at the moment for what I use it for

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
The .45mm 100% Slingshot Latex has comparable performance to .55mm Precise Gen2 Yellow. I tested some old Gen2 yesterday and was surprised at the similarity with speeds and draw weight. The 100% Slingshot Latex has a bit different feel to the draw but the Precise .55mm is still smooth and fast. The 100% Slingshot seems to draw heavy for the thickness but it's available in thicknesses down to .40mm for light ammo shooting. The dealer claims the 100% Slingshot is a four season latex that's good down to -5C (23F).

The "100% Slingshot" is the brand name for this Czech latex. This latex based product was made 100% for slingshot shooting rather than as exercising bands. The .45mm has a color pigment that's similar to the BSB Yellow but just a bit more on the orange. The "100% Slingshot" latex is also available in black, green, yellow, red and an off-white color to differentiate various thicknesses.

Same 17.5 x 13 x 190mm cut used for each tested bandset. Same 32" draw. Same ammo, chrony, shooting temperature,etc.

.019" measured thickness

Draw weight = 8 lbs 3 oz

7mm = 238 fps

5/16" = 222 fps

3/8" = 188 fps

.55mm Precise Gen2 Yellow

.022" measured thickness

Draw weight = 8 lbs 1 oz

7mm = 238 fps

5/16" = 224 fps

3/8" = 191 fps

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's pretty much all I use, I've got a great supplier here in the UK. I find it draws really smoothly, and lasts much longer than gzk. I'm loving the .65 at the moment, nice light draw and spits 9.5mm steel nicely. I don't see many people using it though. I just got some .65 precise to compare although I don't have a chrono unfortunately

How can we purchase 100% bands in the U.S? Please help been looking for awhile.
Thanks for your time and post.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
How can we purchase 100% bands in the U.S? Please help been looking for awhile.
Thanks for your time and post.
I ordered mine from here

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered mine from here
Love your videos, thanks also I just didn't see where to ship to USA, On there page so I asked of they ship to usa

·
Registered
52 Posts
The delivery of 100% slingshoot takes years!
It takes so long that you forgot that you ordered before they arrive, and you feel cheated on the road several times but they come!

The bands itself is nice!!! .45 bands for 8 mm steel I use taper 15-7-330

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.