Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been making and giving away a ton of BB shooters lately and I'm all out. Anyone got some floating around? I think it's 1632 it's the tiny red types anyhow lol.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
I have some ;-) - Though postage would make it the most expensive rubber ever and expect up to 6 months shipping time...

Either get from eBay or Dankung - I ran out and took ages before I received (normal for here) - Its good to be back in BB flinging.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have some ;-) - Though postage would make it the most expensive rubber ever and expect up to 6 months shipping time...

Either get from eBay or Dankung - I ran out and took ages before I received (normal for here) - Its good to be back in BB flinging.
Haha thanks for the tip Matt! & yes it does feel good I'd forgotten how fun BB rigs are :)

Reactions: skarrd

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone I went with Al's suggested link and it's en route ! :)

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
I've actually ordered some, but it's coming form China and that was a month ago. Lesson learned. I buying in bulk from now on. How long does rubber tubing last before it begins to breakdown?

Reactions: BushpotChef

·
See The Target
21,908 Posts
I've actually ordered some, but it's coming form China and that was a month ago. Lesson learned. I buying in bulk from now on. How long does rubber tubing last before it begins to breakdown?
Store it well and it will be good for years . Air tight and out of the light . If also kept in the fridge , even better .

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Store it well and it will be good for years . Air tight and out of the light . If also kept in the fridge , even better .
In the fridge eh? I'll start doing that thanks for the tip :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mikey: Rubber can last a long time. Heat, Oxygen, UV light, are a few things that degrade it in addition to some likely unavoidable effects of age.

That said, it is possible to get a fresh batch of rubber that isn't up to typical performance and is best simply set aside. Possibly new to you but having been in stock without proper rotation. Possibly just manufactured poorly.

Question: Why red? is red expected to behave differently than black, yellow, lime green, orange, or zebra striped purple and white? Most of us know TheraBand colors indicate other properties of the band such as thickness. What is the deal with colors related to tube materials?

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mikey: Rubber can last a long time. Heat, Oxygen, UV light, are a few things that degrade it in addition to some likely unavoidable effects of age.
That said, it is possible to get a fresh batch of rubber that isn't up to typical performance and is best simply set aside. Possibly new to you but having been in stock without proper rotation. Possibly just manufactured poorly.

Question: Why red? is red expected to behave differently than black, yellow, lime green, orange, or zebra striped purple and white? Most of us know TheraBand colors indicate other properties of the band such as thickness. What is the deal with colors related to tube materials?​
So far as In know red means nothing, it's just the only color I've ever seen 1632 come in.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Thanks everyone I went with Al's suggested link and it's en route ! :)
I must be doing something wrong on AliExpress. I keep getting "Cannot delivery to Canada" when I click on the link posted by Alfred above. I get the same for many slingshot items on Ali. It started during our postal strike. Prior to that I ordered and received items.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I tried the two links that you posted. The black 1632 is "Cannot deliver to Canada". The yellow 1632 shows that shipping is "US $34.53 to <a>Canada via DHL". </a>There is one other shipping option available but it's $42.89 (TNT shipping).

Prior to our postal strike I never found any slingshot items that could not be ordered. I bought a Feihu type frame from Piaoyu store for $6 and shipping with ePacket was 22 cents extra. Now I can't even order that item. Most of the slingshot items from Piaoyu are not available to Canada any more. Other stores have some items but shipping cost is insane. I did find a few good deals that can be shipped now but not many. Hopefully this all gets fixed soon. I understand that the dealers would not ship during the strike because they could not guaranty the transport times.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.