Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
The S-Shock looks like it might be a comfortable shooter. The handle protrudes back far enough that the thumb and index finger notches shouldn't dig into skin. Completely flat pincher frames always seem to dig into tender areas on my fingers and aggrevate tendons.

Anyone here own the S-Shock? Thoughts? Opinions? Is it comfortable?

I noticed that the S-Shock is available in several versions.

Titanium Alloy forks with aluminum handle... lightest version

Stainless forks with aluminum handle... middle weight

Stainless forks with stainless steel handle... heaviest version

I also saw something similar with a resin handle. Not sure on weight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
I've got about 50 different types of flat band slingshots from China... the shock type included.

It's a nice slingshot, BUT the flatband insertion area is a bit shallow and there is an almost cutting edge on the shooter's side right behind the rounded part.

This weekend I'm putting up on my website the two Chinese slingshots that are my favorites for general sales... I say general sales because there are about 5 different slingshots in all, that they offer that I like more than others, but three of them are wholly titanium semi-customs that I'd have to charge an obnoxious amount for...

BTW, the shock is not one of the two that will be on there... the need for a bit of customization on that sharp edge and the shallow insertion of the bands are deal killers.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have one of the "Shock" type slingshots purchased from GZK: it has titanium forks, a stainless steel grip, a fairly ergonomic design, is very well finished, and has great fiber optic sights. A very nice shooter indeed.

The one aspect I am not so sure about is the way the weight of my version is concentrated in the slingshot grip (i'ts "grip heavy"), not that this affects shooting and accuracy: it's probably better for the chosen *shock" style slingshot model to be made of the same metal throughout to avoid this "imbalance".

These days, I have a marked preference for the so-called Chinese "chasing dragon" design, which also comes with 2-inch wide forks, and is far more ergonomic: these slingshots are capable of amazing accuracy, and have a very good rapid flat band attachment system.

Attachments

·
OldMiser
3,543 Posts
Only issue I have seen is..there is a short stub shaft going in to the handle..guessing maybe 2 inch's..... if that...This would not be my choice of a

chinese slingshot.....

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I have one from snipersling.com . Its worked excellent for me, no sharp edges at the forks & very hefty in the hand. Heres a vid of me shooting it:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts