Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· 500 Club
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Just a random, off topic question... Does anyone here skate?

I have recently got back into aggressive inline skating. I have bought some Valo TV.2 skates in blue.

Here is a quick video I have put together of these skates. (The pictures have turned out blurry when I uploaded the video)

Cheers Luke

· Registered
192 Posts
Yeah I did that for a number of years when younger.. Got into it again 2 yrs ago but found that injuries occur easier and last longer when older :-/

I still have my aggressive skates But no longer skate aggressively lol

Got myself a pair of G7's

Jay

· Premium Member
446 Posts
I skateboard but I do that primarily on nearly flat surfaces and usually with a longboard.
I stay in great shape, but at 48 years old - I really don't want a bad injury.
I used to rollerblade years ago, but I did that as something to get out and do with my wife - never did it aggressively nor particularly well.

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
I skateboard but I do that primarily on nearly flat surfaces and usually with a longboard.
I used to rollerblade years ago, but I did that as something to get out and do with my wife - never did it aggressively nor particularly well.
good for you since my last flying trick i put the skates down, the pain was ridiculous.

· Premium Member
446 Posts
good for you since my last flying trick i put the skates down, the pain was ridiculous.
[/quote]

Yeah, I started riding in the mid to late 70's right when the skateboarding hit big with Tony Alva etc. as in the Dogtown films.
We didn't have access to skateparks though, so I never learned to ride at that level.
By around 1982 or so, I hung up (sold) my board.
I always loved it and looked back on those years fondly.

Fast forward to maybe 7 years ago, and with the magic of the internet - I find out that many old school skateboards are still being produced!
Picked up an Alva, G&S Waptail II, and Dogtown, as well as some skatboarder mags from Ebay!
Then longboarding starts to rise up with the return of large wheels that actually function on the street - a trend away from popsicle boards and marble sized wheels - just what I wanted!

So now I'll take my Sector 9 board out to the park for some nice runs, doing turns, slaloming, etc.
It's great exersize, and sometimes my boys (twin 10 year olds) will join me on their scooters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.