Slingshots Forum banner

Anyone out there making their own version of the Ocularis slingshot.

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  MOJAVE MO 
#1 ·
NOTa fan at all of Plastic injected mold pieces. Would love to see a stainless steel version of the Ocularis with maybe G10 or Carbon fiber scales...

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Proshot UK has an aluminum cast version of the Axiom Ocularis and various makers have been producing it with permission I believe. One that comes to mind is Lewis Pride who builds beautiful custom ones with G10 and resin. If you search, you will find them. Dan Hood also builds a superb frame using the ocularis attachment, he calls that the Stealth shot. There are various other frames, PFS even, made by people using the ocularis attachment system with plugs from Simple Shot.

Modern injection moulded plastics especially those produced by Simple Shot and WASP have superb quality btw. Injection moulded plastics are impact modified and UV stablised. The production process, when done right, yields an excellent product. Still, to each his own, some of us just don't like certain materials but plastic is a very wide term and we can be sure that makers like Simple Shot and Pocket Predator use only the good stuff.

#13 ·
I am happy to say that I just purchased a custom Stealh slingshot from Mr. Dan Hood and I am so excited and can hardly wait . I would like to also give a big shout out to "Island made" for being so nice to point me in the direction of Mr. Hood.....
Everett, show a photo of your DH sling when you get it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.