Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks wonky and I don't trust it at all lol. My bands go around my second knuckle of my index finger, and across my bent thumb knuckle. The tip of the thumb hold seen here bends the thumb back, not comfy or ideal in my opinion, & could cause a slip sending a shot into the back of the hand. Not typically ideal. ;)

As a side note, check this guys forearm...

That looks like someone might have thought his technique was sufficient for darts as well! Just speculating of course, but those look suspiciously like 'hit & drag' marks.. I hope for his sake its mere coincidence.

Anywhoo, Thoughts..? :)

7e263fdb3be56ddcdeebd888910756ba.jpg
753884718f463d2c03180b5d1a6ebc77.jpg
8b90fc8b547cf17b0800c7d28422e0cd.jpg

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Volp shoots this way. Or he did, anyway. Not sure if he's still at it...
I started seriously shooting frameless after watching his vids but modified his style using the bent thumb and the band going over the knuckle like you describe.
Not claiming to be the first person to have done it that way, but not disputing it either :lol:

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Volp shoots this way. Or he did, anyway. Not sure if he's still at it...
I started seriously shooting frameless after watching his vids but modified his style using the bent thumb and the band going over the knuckle like you describe.
Not claiming to be the first person to have done it that way, but not disputing it either
Haha I hear you MJ! I remeber seeing Volp use that style, though idk if I ever saw him do it with tubes & (looked like) he may have been using a medium power setup. The way I shoot was also adapted from Volp, though I may have seen your variation and thats what made me try it haha. I honestly dpnt know with all the pages I read on here but the credits going to you for the thumb knuckle bit haha. @Joey Dude I bekwive also shoots over thumb not 100% on though perhaps he'll chime in haha! :)

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I shoot frameless also, the same way. I did not start until PFS forkhit became a thing of the past. But the fumbling of bands bothers me and slows me down. The tiny tiny turtle is about as small as no frame but the bands and everything set up. I see many pop off qwick shots with frameless. But for me, the tiny tiny turtle is very close to frameless. I am much faster at reloading.

Its all in the bands man!

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
I think I started shooting that way in the spring of 2016. I was using [email protected] butta because that was the only way I could convince myself that I wasn't going to hit my hand.
Now I mostly use a half-butta draw because it's faster to reload.
Hahaha
I now have a new @wesome term for my slingery glossary! [email protected] to stave off fear with power and speed!

I will likely never achieve frameless again... I do admire it though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts