Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bin using 1632 tubes for bb but yesterday my bingo bb boss had a pouch fail so had make some new set ups . I set my Rez Dawg up with 12mm to 6mm with .7 and a home brew pouch. I set up my mule with a 6mm straight cut with a GZK bb pouch. Wish I had more GZK pouches so I could have them the same but I don鈥檛 馃槗 I never thought the 6mm straight cut would have punch but them bb going like a mad hornets 馃悵 just ripping a can up I am pretty happy. I like flats better than tubes for the most part . Anyone have a sweet cut for them I know Ray uses #64 office bands but any other preferred set ups . I only have .5 flats my smallest rubber one day I want try the .45
Wood Art Font Human leg Metal
Wood Font Art Natural material Jewellery
Tableware Wood Art Natural material Font
Tableware Wood Hand tool Tool Kitchen utensil
Wood Finger Art Household hardware Thumb
Hand White Wood Body jewelry Textile
Bag Wood Luggage and bags Strap Jewellery
Liquid Bottle Fluid Drink Electric blue
Blue Fluid Beverage can Aluminum can Tin
Bottle Fluid Liquid Alcoholic beverage Drink

Registered
Your posting stirred up my interest in BBs again. I didn't want to spend time today making bands so just attached some #64s to a Gee-Zed-Kay BB pouch and clamped them into a Chinese Piggy frame. Speed was only 190fps but I was able to do fine on a pop can from 10 to 18 yards. I'l probably cut some .45mm to .55mm Chinese bands at 5/16" strips to propel the ammo around 240-250 fps. I can obviously get them going much faster but I like to see the shot in the air and my old eyes can't seem to track fast ammo anymore. I find the shiny Daisy BBs much easier to see than the copper coloured Crosman ammo.

Gas Font Rectangle Metal Fashion accessory

Ray Rowden
Yo Jason!
I don't want to get the reputation for being a one trick pony, or a shill for office bands!
Ray has also cut bands for BBs from almost every roll of flat latex I have! And I often use the bands I cut for 5/16 steel (8mm) for BBs! And of course 1632s!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I鈥檓 using 1/4 straight cut .55 burning skull yellow right now. 15 meters last night I was destroying the can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet bro I think bb so underrated it鈥檚 a lot fun to shoot
I have shot 4.5mm bb (or .177 caliber as it's known) with very thin TBG tapers in the past.
Now I use 10mm - 5mm tapers to shoot 6mm airsoft bb for indoor practice.
I think you can shoot pretty much anything as long as you match the bands to the ammo.
air soft one I have not shot . I have some .32 I think I have to try thanks 馃檹 for the response fella

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your posting stirred up my interest in BBs again. I didn't want to spend time today making bands so just attached some #64s to a Gee-Zed-Kay BB pouch and clamped them into a Chinese Piggy frame. Speed was only 190fps but I was able to do fine on a pop can from 10 to 18 yards. I'l probably cut some .45mm to .55mm Chinese bands at 5/16" strips to propel the ammo around 240-250 fps. I can obviously get them going much faster but I like to see the shot in the air and my old eyes can't seem to track fast ammo anymore. I find the shiny Daisy BBs much easier to see than the copper coloured Crosman ammo.

View attachment 355703
Thanks man ! I need to figure out that pouch ya have think it鈥檚 same as the one I have . Gzk through it in an order I got . It鈥檚 the best pouch for bb I have came across

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yo Jason!
I don't want to get the reputation for being a one trick pony, or a shill for office bands!
Ray has also cut bands for BBs from almost every roll of flat latex I have! And I often use the bands I cut for 5/16 steel (8mm) for BBs! And of course 1632s!
Haha yo Ray your good in my books haha 馃挭馃徎I bought some from staples but there bad no retraction what so ever just dead . I use office bands two if I get good ones 馃榿 what kind are your bands . You crack Jason up haha thanks Ray man 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:) I olso use info from Ray, but I have 0.7 SS Black bands cut 0.5-0.5-200 and it works for me.
Ray is a good man 馃挭馃徎 I love shooting 4.5 it鈥檚 cheap and you get the bands right there little hornets 馃悵 I live in Ontario so for 5 months or so it鈥檚 cold so I set up inside shop and use bb . Man if you get a good release with bb you have it made for big shot 馃榿

Registered
Haha yo Ray your good in my books haha 馃挭馃徎I bought some from staples but there bad no retraction what so ever just dead . I use office bands two if I get good ones 馃榿 what kind are your bands . You crack Jason up haha thanks Ray man 馃榿
I'm using #64s from an old bag of "Staples" brand rubber elastics. Make sure they are not the latex-free version.

Registered
Thanks man ! I need to figure out that pouch ya have think it鈥檚 same as the one I have . Gzk through it in an order I got . It鈥檚 the best pouch for bb I have came across
The one I'm using is a GZK BB pouch. It's small but very strong & firm and almost no stretch. Someone on the forum included it in a shipment to me. Excellent pouch! Prior to this I was using the small, soft, colored Chinese microfiber pouches but they stretch after a while.

Registered
Today I pulled out a bag of broken latex scraps and found a pair of matching .45mm white BSB bands that looked long enough. I recut them so when installed on the Tianpeng frame they measure 1/2" x 3/8" x 7". The pouch is a small GZK but a bit thicker than the one from yesterday using the #64 bands. My draw length is 32" and the .45mm BSB toss a BB at 250 fps. Very mild draw weight and perfect for 10-20 yard pop can plinking.
Hand Goggles Gesture Finger Toy

Registered
Ok I'm blaming all of y'all for this. I've never been interested in nor have I even thought of .177 til last night while catching up on this post. Looked over at the Pile O' Slings shelves realized I got a "few" that would be perfect.

Got home today banded up my SS Jellybean with 1/4 in straight cut .55 BSB 12 in AL. Shooting @ 25ft

I'll even admit it was fun AF.

Thanks guys!!

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

Registered
A lot of slingers underestimate the tiny .177 BB. You can easily get them going 250fps for 20 yard plinking. A good band match will get them to 300fps for paper plates at 30 yards or even further. The wind can wreck a good shooting session with the small-ball but a calm day might surprise you. A few years ago I even stretched it out to 50 yards and got 4/10 hits on an 8" pie plate.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts