Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perusing through Michael's today and came across this plastic lace. Looked like it would work for attaching bands so I bought a roll. $3 for 100 yards! Comes in many colors. I got clear. The stuff stretches and is pretty strong, so you can pull it really tight. The pics make it look a lot thicker than it really is. I attached a pic of it next to some red 1632 for size comparison. It is flat and if you are careful you can get it to lie flat and neat while wrapping. I wasn't that neat. It is a bit fiddly at first, because it is a bit thicker and less elastic than the usual products, but I found that if you really give it a good stretch it works well. Finished off with a square knot. I'm not saying to run out and buy it, but for 3 bucks it may be worth a look. I would really be interested to see if anyone has tried it or see if someone picks some up to try.

plasticlace.jpeg

pfsplasticlace.jpeg

plas1632.jpeg

Attachments

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
I went in to give blood and asked the technician if I could have a couple of the rubber restrictions bands. They are not very strong but they worked on a slingshot that I gave to a young neighbor kid.

GP

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts